Howdy From Texas

by TexasEX 54 Replies latest jw friends

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Welcome TexasEX. Im in the same country but up in the wild's of PA. Take your time. Let your nerves clam down. Take in the site's on this site and as time goes by idea's to help you will come up. Great to have you on board. Totally ADD

• baltar447
    baltar447

Howdy from the soon to be NBA champs city!

• TexasEX
    TexasEX

Hey y'all! Well, I'm in the Austin, Texas area...

I'm a 6th gen Dub... parents and grandparents where Bethelites, and I haven't know anything else. Honestly, I'm "comfortable" just chilling out and not causing waves, but it's getting harder and harder to stifle laughs during the WT study. :P

I'm a bit scared about losing my entire family (EVERYONE)...but I'm also excited about the possiblities of finally being free.

How did you "soften the blow" (so-to-speak) about losing family & have you had family eventually "come around" and at least have some type of relationship with you?

Thanks again for the support y'all!

-TexasEx

• TexasEX
    TexasEX

Howdy baltar447! GO SPURS!

• suavojr
    suavojr

Welcome TexasEX,

Some of us are still active and inside the org, but do not rush things. Why don't you tell us a little bit more of what woke you up, how did you end up here, and where do you want to go?

• TexasEX
    TexasEX

suavojr

honestly, I've watched a few youtube videos that talk about the org's involvement in the UN... (This is a huge NO NO)...and I really felt that I'd been lied to. That's what got me searching.

I'm really not sure what I want to do right now...I'll remain active for the time being, but it may be easier to just "fade out" instead of getting df'd, or resigning. Either of those options would totally ailenate me from the fam & I'm not sure I could make it through that.

So here I sit...still active, but totally not buying a lot of the org's BS...

• StAnn
    StAnn

Welcome, TexasEX, from beautiful Ohio. There's no pretty way out. Once your eyes are opened, they are opened forever. Take your time, plan your exit, and give us your story. Love to hear it.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Hey we should have a meet up in Austin or San Antonio.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Have you read Crisis of Conscience yet?

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome TexasEX, There are no guarantees that you won't lose all of your JW relationships and there will be high and low points during your fade. Some JWN members have been able to help awaken spouses and children and some not yet. It sort of depends on how happy your JW relatives and friends are with their circle of JW relationships. The WTBTS's BITE control techniques are very powerful.

Have you read any of Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and (his latest book) "Freedom of Mind: Helping People Leave Controlling People, Cults, and Beliefs"), visited his website (www.freedomofmind.com), or watched his videos? I higly recommend that you watch his video "Steve Hassan explains SIA method to rescue loved ones from unhealthy situations (2003)" to get an overview of his approach and methods before buying his books.

Best of wishes in your fade and meeting new unconditional, non-JW friends.

Peace be with you and eveyrone, who you love,

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit