I called Patterson today.

by Mulan 47 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I don't want to 'pinch' Mulan's thread, but I'd just like to say to Researcher that you shouldn't be bound by Watchtower theology. Where else have we to go? is a question highjacked by the WTS. The answer was NEVER an organisation but the person of Jesus Christ. As far as I know, he don't live in Patterson. There's much information available about this. Try Randy's site at www.freeminds.org

Mulan,
    Mrs Ozzie and I have been talking non-stop about this and our own situation which is on the boil and is similar in some ways! I'll keep ya posted.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• Prisca
    Prisca

(((((((((((Mulan)))))))))))))))))

I can imagine it's a strain on you to be looking after both your father and mother, and to have the antics of the congregation on your back as well is a bit much.

Hang in there! I hope that the Bethel bro you spoke to will honor his word to you. You never know, something you said to him might have made him think!

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

Mulan,

You are doing right by taking care of your mother. You are doing right as the bible says in the 5th commandment

Honer your mother and father

Do not let and I mean this do not let the elders brow beat your mom If they want to move forward and make this a judical case. In fact they have NO bases at all to file any charges. On the other hand If the JWs had any consistancy at all, but we know they don't they are damnable hipocrites, they would put charges angainst all those who gossip against you.

I prey that you guys will make a clean break from the WT and find rest in Jesus Christ.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Mulan,

This is a fascinating thread, and I admire you for your commitment to your mom and your guts. One thing about your experience with the Bethel functionary on the other end of the phone is the recurrent theme that resonates with me here.

Notice how they quick they are to sell out the local elders? Brooklyn's (or, currently Patterson's) condescending attitude seems implicit to me: `Oh, those locals... tch, tch; if only they would pay more attention to what we've published and apply the counsel they're given with balance..they're so heavy-handed!''

When local judicial committees commit excesses and abuses in their mishandling of matters such as was apparently the case with your deceased friend, who was it that let the decision stand? The buck cannot be passed; it stops with the autorcrats at the top whether they disavow responsiblity or not.

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

[quote]

Notice how they quick they are to sell out the local elders? Brooklyn's (or, currently Patterson's) condescending attitude seems implicit to me: `Oh, those locals... tch, tch; if only they would pay more attention to what we've published and apply the counsel they're given with balance..they're so heavy-handed!''

[\quote]

Could not have said it better. When the info to elders serving on JCs and how they should be handled with regard to not making "written reference to direction from Society", thus implying a connection, ...definite flag.

Life is already complicated enough without extra worries about being left holding the bag.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Update on this situation.
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=25547&site=3

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• sunscapes
    sunscapes

Cheers Ozzie! my sentiments exactly.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Or just consider how they give the lie to their claim of an egalatarian fellowship of brothers and sisters: when one calls Bethel, he or she is asked his/her name an congregation something the ``brother'' on the other end of the line is unwilling to do. Lurkers: ask yourselves why not a level playing field when two fellow worshippers converse? Why the cat-and-mouse games?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit