I called Patterson today.

by Mulan 47 Replies latest jw friends

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

WOW that was a great conversation!!!! I hope it works out.

BTW could you hook some video up so we can see your meeting with the elders???? Not to see what they say actually I just wanna see you sit there and not say anything hahahhaha ohhh that'd be priceless hahahhaha

Ven

• TexSham
    TexSham

Mulan, you're toast. They're gonna df you.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Mulan

Can you tape record the conversations? That would be excellent backup.

SS

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Mulan,

I hope it works out for you but tread very carefully. Like someone else meantioned that brother's loyalty is first and foremost to the organization and he will turn on you if push comes to shove. Don't be mislead by his kind and undersanding tone. I learned this lesson the hard way. If he goes back and gets the elders side of the story he will believe them first because you can't be trusted and you are not one of them.

Will

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."
    Mark Twain

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Mulan,
    You did the right thing. Your mom is lucky to have you for a daughter. I hope everything works out for both of you.

No matter how thin you slice it there are always two sides
  • Mulan
    Mulan

That elder has been telling me he would like to talk to us for over two years. It hasn't happened yet, and I am not holding my breath this time either. They talk the talk, but don't seem to ever get around to doing anything.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• Princess
    Princess

WOW! What a day you had Mom! If the PO makes a date with you guys, invite me over invite me over!!! I have a few things I want to talk to him about, starting with his wife.

I can't say I'm surprised. I bet I know who called her too. Was it our favorite pioneer? Can I be the one to talk to her and set her straight?

Amazing stuff. I hope grandma is holding up ok under all this. It hasn't been her year. I'll bring the kidlets by to visit her.

Rachel

• Mulan
    Mulan

No....it was someone new to us. She is vile about us, but doesn't know us.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• researcher
    researcher

Mulan, here's the struggle. Numerous have left because of one reason or another. I have seen the 'dark side'. the arrogant side. The side where just because one who has an 'appointment' says something and if we don't immediately comply, then there must be something wrong with us. However, I have also seen the side, kinda like the profile of the one you spoke with on the service desk, kinda like the David Splain type, whom I truly believe is the 'spiritual man' type, the type that makes you feel your dignity, your self worth, that your contribution amounts to something. Unfortunately, there seems to be more encounters with the 'idiots' and 'arrogants' than with the truly spiritual, humble, ones. Having said that, The question I constantly ask myself is,,,,, If this is not the truth, what is? Could it be that the only test I face, is putting up with the hyprocrisy of the idiots, and living a life like the scriptures indicate. Hey, I am not preaching to you....Just sharing troubled feelings, confused feelings. Sounds like, you are truly living up to your responsibilities, caring for aged parents. My, are we not fragile and frail? Keep you chin up. And keep us posted......

• Princess
    Princess

Isn't it amazing that someone who doesn't even know you can be so vile about you, and all the while thinks she is behaving like a good Christian? That congregation (and all the others for that matter) never ceases to amaze me. They are the cruelest and most self righteous bunch of people.

Researcher, I felt the same way years ago. If this is not the truth, what is? I don't believe there is a "truth", not an organized one anyway. I've read so many different beliefs, and talked to so many people, it's all just a jumble and somewhere therein lies the "truth". I have my own ideas and someday we will know.

Rachel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit