Quitting Smoking is No Fun

by MrMoe 28 Replies latest jw friends

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Mr. Moe you can always substitute smoking with more sex.
    Go girl, your one in a million!!!
    LOVE YA
    ORANGEFATCAT

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Hey Moe!

Good for you! After many attempts, I finally gave up the habit 6 1/2 years ago. So glad I did. However, it sure wasn't easy. Even now, every once in a great while, a craving will hit me. NO MATTER WHAT I never seriously consider smoking again.

NOT EVEN JUST ONE! IT IS SIMPLY NOT AN OPTION ANYMORE.

Anyway, your lungs will be thanking you!

Hang in there, Kiddo!

Andee

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((Amanda)))))

I know it's hard, but you can do it! I quit November 22nd, 1993. I was a 1 1/2 packer too! I did the teeth brushing thing - I promise it works. I brushed my teeth like 10 times a day. I carried a little bottle of Scoope for when I didn't have a toothbrush. Eating out became more fun - I could taste! Working out was more fun - I could go longer without breaks. "Other" stuff was more fun - I could go longer without breaks.

Keep it up - don't expect to be perfect about it like Skipper said. Just pick yourself up if you lose control.

Love and huggies,
    Andi

• LB
    LB

So how are you doing Moe? Any back sliding yet? If so just get remotivated and go for it again.

You can do this.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• cellomould
    cellomould

MsMoe,

Two incentives for you to consider:

(1) If you don't smoke for 4.5 months, you will have saved up enough money (cigarettes ARE that expensive) to come visit me here in California!

(2) Should you decide not to wait to come see me, I can keep you quite occupied for 4.5 months; in this time you can retroactively save money for the plane trip and get good exercise to boot.

What do you say?!

In case I was too subtle, yes I was offering SEX as a side benefit.
    hahahahaha

cellomould

"Without judgement perception would increase a millions times" Death, Without Judgement

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Thanks again for all the support and suggestions. You are are the best!

Right now I am nervously eating crackers. I can't wait until the worst of this is over. Still going strong - no ciggies for me!

Cello - hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Kisses,
    Moe

• RationalWitness
    RationalWitness

Hang in there, MM. I'm rootin' for ya too! You can DO this.

Cheers,
    Rational

• ballistic
    ballistic

Mr Moe - can you remember my thread about this nearly 3 months ago. Well, I'm still going. And I can tell you it DOES get a lot easier with each passing day. I actually go whole days now without thinking about smoking allready.

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

moe! glad you are doing well! :) keep it up girl, you can do it.

love ya!
    harmony

A good friend is someone who will come and bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "That was f**king awesome."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit