Quitting Smoking is No Fun

by MrMoe 28 Replies latest jw friends

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

I am fed up. I quit smoking. Are you proud of me?

I used to smoke about 1 & 1/2 packs day. At precisely 1:00 pm eastern standard time I have been 24 hours without a ciggy.

At this moment, I am going through a terrible fit of withdrawl. I am terribly dizzy, grouchy, and generally not to be messed with. I hate quitting smoking, but this time I quit FOR REAL! It is nasty, dirty and totally not professional habit that leaves you bound in chains.

Also, I have begun an exercise routine and a much healthier way of eating. You don't live forever, and I want to enjoy the quality of my life!

Anyhow, wish me luck!

Kisses,
    Moe

• spender
    spender

Good for you! My dad quit smoking about a year ago too...went cold turkey just like you. He was grumpy and irritant for about a week or two, but now he's very glad he quit...i think it's the best thing he's done. Cancer is no fun.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I know someone who took something called Zyban and quit smoking with no cravings or withdrawal. At any rate, I hope you succeed. Quitting is a good thing to do.

Path

• Dawn
    Dawn

Way to go MrMoe!!

I quit last Saturday - but I've had two slips (a couple cig's on Monday night when I went out with my friends, and I bummed one yesterday).

It is definately hard!! This is about quite try number one million twenty seven - but I'm determined!!

Keep posting and let me know how you're doing - it's encouraging to me!!

• LB
    LB

I'm proud of you Moe. Just be strong, don't give in even once. If you do then all the pain to date is for nothing.

One thing that seems to work is everytime you get the urge, go brush your teeth. Few people want to smoke when their mouth feels so fresh.

Exercise is a great way to quit. Get those lungs and heart pumping. You'll feel so much better.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Thanks for the support and advice! I feel more and more dizzy by the minute, ugh I hate this phase. Feels like I am on some terrible wierd mind altering drug...

Kisses,
    Moe

• Englishman
    Englishman

Mr. Moe:

Aha! The old lightheadedness eh? It does pass in a few days. Excercise, fruit juice and clean teeth will keep those ciggies at bay.

Be prepared for food and drink to taste a bit strange as your taste buds grow again, on the upside you will soon be able to smell so many things again that you had long forgotten. Your heart beat will reduce by about 10 beats a minute so be prepared for some restlessness.

Englishman.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Damn, smoking f***'s you up doesn't it! I never smoked so I never realized what all it does to you.

Good luck Mr. Moe! (Sorry, I know that doesn’t really help in a practical way)

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Gopher
    Gopher

Way to go, Moe! I am happy for you. Don't stop quitting. er, um, I mean, don't get started again!! I hope the awful "cold turkey" feeling goes away pretty soon (I'm sure it will).

-J.R., member, UADNA-MN
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Minnesota division)

This post was not evaluated by any mental health professionals.
    Any opinions expressed are those of a fuzzy, cuddly rodent.

• apostate man
    apostate man

THATS IT!!!! I'm quitting to. For the 7th time. (After this pack)

Most important is to NOT HAVE EVEN THE SLIGHTEST OF DRAGS FROM ONE, even a month or two down the road. You are not truley over the habit until you have gone at least two years without one.

Break the chains that bind you,
    unless, of course, you're into that sort of thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit