Witnesses are coming to my door Sunday!

by jerome 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• jerome
    jerome

This post is pretty long so I just thought that i'd warn you.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

This morning around 10 o'clock I got a very rude wake up call from my little sister banging on my door.

I shouted: WHAT!

She said:

The people are here!
    The people that you said that if they came by that to call you.

[ my sister is 7 by the way. Also I maed shure that everyone in my house was witness proof. They wont be getting any new converts, at least not from my home. ]

Then I started to think, what am I going to do, what am I going to say? A gush of thoughts went through my mind crippling me in the process, I couldent move for a while. Then I said to my self, think jerome think, youve been planning for this for months now. Come on get yourself togeather.

Well I finally did. I amasted the courage to go to the window and say:
    Hello good morning.

They said: Good morning son, can we have a moment of our time.

I said: Ofcourse just give me a minute.

So I went to the bathroom to wash the cold out of my eye brush my teeth and put on a shirt in record time, then I went around to the back door. I stood there for a moment trying to compose myself, I cleared my thoughts, when I was ready I took a deep breath put a smile on my face and went around to the front.

Small talk.

w1= witness1
    w2= witness2

me= jerome yours truly

Me: I'm here sorry I took a while. Good morning again nice to meet you.

W1+2: Good morning we would like to have a discussion with you about the Bible. You like the Bible dont you?

Me: Yes of course!

W1:Then you wouldent mind if we had a little discussion about it, would you?

Me: I wouldent mind at all.

W1: Well... Would you agree that the world as it stands today is in a state of termoil? When you listen to the news dont you hear of all the crime and all the wars that are happening overseas? Dont you think that the world is becoming a dangerous place to live in?

Me: Well no. The world has always been that way. Even going back to Bible days. But even so dont you know that right now that you can live longer than even the richest king in the those days. It is becoming common place to see people that live up into their 80's and 90's.

W1: Well I cant exactly agree with that because people in the Bible have lived much longer than that.

Me: Yes but that was when it was natural for them to live for that period of time. I'm shure that you know that the Bible says that after Adam that the life span of an indivisual would decrease. Dident it say that?

W: Well yes it did. And it also says in the Pslams that the life span of a Generation would be 75 years and 80 if God permitted it.

Me: Speaking of Generation I heard that there was some controversy about that word in your Church some time ago is that true?

W: I think I know what you mean but that really wasent a big deal.
    [ Lie #1]

Me: Ok if you say so. You are Jehovahs Witnesses right?

W: Yes.

Me: I also hard that there was alot of controversy about your Bible. Especially John1:1. What does your Bible say about that scripture?

W: Well do you have a Bible.

Me: Yes I do.

W: Would you want to go get it for us?

Me: Shure. [I ran inside and grabbed up my KJV Bible and was back in flash.]
    Here it is.
    quote' In the beginning there was the word and the word was with god and the Word was God.

W: Nope... thats wrong. The correct translation was 'a god?'

Me: 'a god'!? [ Gasp! ] <---- Being sarcastic.

W: Well you see, how could you be with God and also be God?

Me: Ok I see your point but if you look at the Bible in all its entirety then you will realize that the hebrews had a different style of writing, that repeats alot of words and obivous statements t make things that are important stick out. When these scriptures are translated there are alot of sentences that if we examine them to closely they seem silly. For example,
    'They stoned them with stones'. If you examined that sentence too closely you would think that the person who wrote it was being redundant. But you see thats just how the Hebrew language was at the time.

W: Ok we understand your point. But...

Me: [I cut them off here.] Is the word a 'true God' or a false god?

W: Well we believe that he is a true God.

Me: So then the word is God?

W: No, he is not Jehovah but he is still 'a god.'

Me: So is he a lesser god?

W: Well yes.

Me: So is Satan a god too?

W: Yes he is but he is only the god of this world. Jesus also calls him a god.

Me: But how can you say that bearing Is 43:10-11.

W2: Let me read that. [ He reads the scripture to himself.]

Me: So did the Word come before Jehovah or did he come after? Because Jehovah said that no 'god' came before or after me.

W: But Jesus called Satan a god so that means that obviously that they were other gods in a difference than you mean so that scripture cannot apply to what you are speaking about.

Me: But Jehovah was refering to a 'false god.' What I am trying to say is that no TRUE God came either before Jehovah or after. So any gods that came after Jehovah would definetly be false gods according to this verse. Because we all know that they are many gods but there is only one true God that we should pay any attention to.

W: But that scripture still dosent apply.

Me: [ Ok I understand I thought to myself, the dots dont connect for you but thats ok.][-->Aloud] So do you know here this word Jehovah came from?

W: Yes that is Jehovahs personal name.

Me: Ok. Did you know that that word Jehovah came from a combination of the four constanents YHWH or JHVH in english, and the word 'Adonai' which is Hebrew for lord and Eliohem? When you take out the vowels you get Jehovah.

W: [ Witnesses look surprised. They soak it in.]

Me: Oh can I ask you something?

W: Why yes ofcourse.

If you were bored to death before it gets really intresting from here.

Lies Lies Lies...

Me: What happened to your Church in 1975?
    W1+2: Well nothing really.
    [ lie #2 ]

Me: Are you shure because I heard that there was something really big going on, what year did you come into the truth?

W1: I was baptized in 1969.

Me: Really well I heard that you were expecting the end of the world.

W: Dont mind that kinda talk it was ONLY A FEW CONGREGATIONS that were doing something like that. And even so it was only a few people that were doing those kind of things.
    [ lie #3 ]

Me: Thats not what I heard at all. I read that 6000 years of human existence were going to end 1975 and that Everybody thought that the world would end in 1975.

W1: Well since I was new to the organisation at that time, anthing like that that was going on I DIDENT REALLY HAVE A PART TO DO WITH.

Me: So you mean to tell me that everyone around you was waitind for the world to end and you dident even notice.

W1: Well its a good thing that I dident because look were still here.

Me: Ok moving on...What were the Bible students doing in 1914?

W1: We were preaching the good news ofcourse.

Me: Do you know what really happened in 1914?

w1: What do you mean?

Me: Well do you know that Charles Taze Russel was expecting the end of the world in 1914 and not the presence of Christ jesus as you now preach.

w1: I never heard that.

w2: Me nethier.

Me: How is that possible? Dont you study your Churches history?

w1: Well yes we do but I never heard anything around that time.

Me: Well I read that when 1914 came and went that, he pushed the date foward to 1915.

w2: ...

w1: ?

Me: Then he pushed it foward to 1918. And now you hold this date as the date that Christ judged your Church and appointed it above all of his affairs on earth.

w1: Where did you hear all of this?
    [ Here comes trouble... ]

Me: I read it off the internet.

W1: Did you get this from the Watchtower site?

Me: Well not exactly. I found it from all over the place because I found that I cant really get the information that I want from your hearquarters website.

w1: Did you hear this from apostates or the headquarters.

Me: Well as I said I got it from all over the place. You see the older publications that you have are nolonger protected by copyright laws so you can by them from off of the internet. People photocopy them and put them on the internet. Also to you can take an excrept from a book and put it online if you want to make a comment about it so then you wouldent be violating copyright laws.

w1: Ok.
    [ Thank God... Danger averted.]

Me:Theres another thing that troubles me about your Church.

w1: What is that?

Me: Well... You shun people. When somebody leaves your Church you cant speak to them anymore.

w1: Well that is not exactly so because just the otherday a woman came to the kingdom hall and she told me that she was disfelloshipped. Then she even went to the elders and told them that she wanted to be reinstated.

Me: So can you talk to people that are disfelloshipped?

w1: Well... We shouldent associate with people that we think that are not following Gods principles. Well its OUR OWN PERSONAL DECISION IF WE DECIDE TO TALK TO DISFELLOSHIPPED PEOPLE OR NOT. Live for instance if we were to be at home watching television, we would not want to be watching programmes that a good Christian would not approve of. So you see its a personal decision.
    [ Is it really a personal decision? Lie#4 If you are caught you are dfed.]

Me: But I heard that if you got disfelloshipped that your friends would sometimes send you letters telling you that they cant associate or talk with you any more.

w1: I never heard of any such situation...

Me: Ok. there is one last thing that I think that I have to ask you. Do you know what psychological coercion is?

w1: No what do you mean?

Me: Well let me explain. You see back in the 50's there was this war in Korea and alot of American prisoners were captured. In a short period of time many of them ( as much as 75% of them) denounced the united States as evil and sent letters to back to the u.S. asking them to dismantel captiolism. Now everyone wondered how could so many U.S. pow suddenly denounce everything that they have done for all their entire life as evil and take sides with the enmy. Well when the pow's were returned to the states they were studied by many medical professionals to see exactly how could this have happened. They termed the process psycological coercion. Are you shure that you never heard of it though?

W1+2: Not to my recolection.

Me: Well not only did these people find that it was happening in warfare, they also found out that some religious leaders were doing it. One religion that stands out is the Heavens Gate dooms day cult.

w1: I think I heard about those.

w2: [listening intentively]

Me: So do you know that you have to look out for any organisation that uses this psychological coercion. After all if what these people say is true then anybody that dosent know what it is in deep trouble. Like in Heaven Gate people ended up comitting suiside.[/blue]

w2: Ok. we really have to be going now. can we come back some other time?

Me: Well ofcourse. How about sunday evening. [/blue]

w1+2: Ok that sounds fine. [ They got into their car and drove off. ]

Summary;

They lied about: 1975, shunning, generation...

They dont have a clue about any of the other dates for Armageddon and they dont really know much about their history. I mentioned vaccinations and organtransplants but they dident seem to know, or at least they acted that way.

They made plans for a return visit on sunday, and they are bringing their daughter. She apparently has a better knowledge of their history so they think that she would be better able to anwser my questons.

Witness 1 is female and is married to Witness 2. W1 is the more mature witness and witness 2 isnt too good with words, so his wife takes the lead.

They left a Watchtower and Awake article with me but I made shure that they couldent ask for a donation.

I asked the guy if he was happy and he took 30'seconds to anwser, so i think that asking him what being a witness has done for him to make him feel better about himself. His wife on the other hand claims that she is happy as a bird. I think that she was only saying that though.

They realize that I know alot about the Organisation.

Here is my question to the board.

What do you think that I should do to prepare for Sunday?

jerome.

The Bible is a two edged sword wield it for evil and it you may get hurt.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Five bucks says they ain't com'in back!

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Disposable Hero
    Disposable Hero

There are many ways to start chipping away. I have found that many witnesses do not know their history about the org. You could begin with " Since we both know it was taught for many years from your religion that Jesus returned in 1874, but in later years there was a better understanding of this and his return was changed to 1914. I was not sure when this change occurred, could you please help me with this."

I believe the change happened in 1930 in the book Prophecy. But what you want to do is plant a seed of doubt in their mind. Go to the website quotes at the bottom of the page and print off some stuff. Ask them many questions about their history and when they say you need a Bible study with them, just tell maybe it should work the other way and they need a Bible study with you because you will know more about the org than they will.

You lie so much you believe yourself
    Judge not lest ye be judged yourself

• MavMan
    MavMan

I could be wrong, but they will probably not be back.

Let's analyze the way you handled the visit,

Here are two persons that are sharing the good news of the Kingdom with folks in your neighborhood.

You don't even consider listening to what they have to say, no you start your attack on them. See, you have been brainwashed so much in this forum that you do not have the decency to listen to these two Witnesses.

Instead of focusing in the most important issue today, that is that the Kingdom will cleanse the earth of all evil and restore us to perfection, no you are focusing on the definition of the word generation, on 1975 that did not affect the great majority of Witnesses, and what Russell thought way back in 1914. Satan and his servants, all of the apostates, have blinded you with so much negativity that you can't see the most important issue at hand.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

JW's can't use the excuse that they don't know about the '1914' fiasco. It's right in the 1993 Proclaimers of God's Kingdom book:

47: Barbour succeeded in convincing Russell that Christ's invisible presence had begun in 1874.

"the first to combine the idea of restitution with time-prophecy." It presented the view that Jesus Christ's invisible presence dated from the autumn of 1874.

(1914)
    page 135: The Bible Students were not completely sure what would happen. They were convinced that it would not result in a burning up of the earth and a blotting out of human life. Rather, they knew it would mark a significant point in regard to divine rulership. At first, they thought that by that date the Kingdom of God would have obtained full, universal control. When that did not occur, their confidence in the Bible prophecies that marked the date did not waver. They concluded that, instead, the date had marked only a starting point as to Kingdom rule.

... When they saw 1914 drawing close and yet they had not died as humans and been 'caught up in the clouds' to meet the Lord-in harmony with earlier expectations-

While you're about it, tell them that the quality of people behind those doors is rapidly cahnging. Becasue JW's obviously don't even read their own literature (or lie about it) that is why they have zero or negative growth in 75 countries. It isn't 'cooling off of the greater number'...it's frustration at trying to have a conversation with these uninformed people.

But don't hold your breath at them coming back dear Jerome...they may just have fled for the hills.

But in case they do come back...can you tape it PLEASE!!!

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

No, Jerome, you did exactly right.

The Bible teaches to run from, not listen to, not be afraid of, and even KILL false prophets. Good for you Jerome!!!

Furthermore, the Bible teaches to not let a lie be found in us. Satan is the originator of the lie and the father of it. Good for you Jerome!

Liars likely are not going to come back.

Unlike YoYoidiot...

• larc
    larc

jerome,

If you could get some zeroxed articles that have the quotes about 1914, 1925, and 1975, that might help. Also, quotes about vacinations and organ transplants. Randy Watters used to sell two books by Duane Magnanni (sp?) that has many pages of actual copies of WT pages. Of course, there probably is not enough time to get these by Sunday. Also, print outs from the net regarding the UN situation could be useful.

If you want to make them further perplexed, you could ask them what Beth Sarim was, and what was its purpose. Something about Russell and the pyramid teaching would be nice also.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

public library---used book store...

also Schaun's research on jehovah's Witnesses has scans.

I can send you scans of the proclaimers book if you need them. And whatever else.

how about the 1934 yearbook

• JBean
    JBean

Hi MavMan... I just have to say this, with all due respect... how can you say that 1975 did not affect most witnesses???? I was a young child at the time and remember how it was absolutely STRESSED in ALL area congregations that this was the big one! I remember waking up Jan. 1, 1976 and being totally amazed that everything was STILL THE SAME. I was freaked out by this and my family, like good J-dubs, were freaked out too, but it was NEVER TALKED ABOUT AFTER JAN. 1, 1976. Weren't you "in" then? What did YOU think? Jbean

• jerome
    jerome

I have a copy of the cassect WITNESSES of JEHOVAH. Its not the video but only the audio.

I wonder if I asked them to listen to it if they would? o you think that the would get up and leave?

My gf has all my watchtower photocopys and apostate liturature so that means that I have to print out more. I hope shes making good use of it though.

Here is my plan...

I want to discuss what is mind controll and brainwashing aka psychological coercion. Because if I can get them to do that then mabe I can make some progress with the way they intrepret their own literature. Because as yu know when you show a jw watchtower contradictions and hypocrisy they dont even blink. Its just like their brains shut down.

As the saying goes;

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, theach a man to fish and you feed him for life.

So if I give them a fish they may only have doubts for a while but if I show them how other people have lost the ability to think for themselves them mabe in the process they will learn how to make decisions for themselves. Then they can find fault on their own.

Oh BTW Mavman

What exactly is the JW good news? Do you mean that if I dont subject myself to the Watchtowers tyrinacal rule that the Lord will kill me? That dosent seem like such good news to me.

But anyway do you think that I should play the tape if they come back?

p.s.

I am still involved with an active witness so I cant let them know that I am completly anti-watchtower becaause my gf's parents dont know yet. So keep that in mind with your replys.

The Bible is a two edged sword wield it for evil and it you may get hurt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit