Questions about the Flood for Brother Jeramy

by cappytan 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cappytan
    cappytan

How long did the flood last?
    How long can land vegetation survive submerged in seawater?
    How long can freshwater fish survive in saltwater?
    How old is human civilization? What is the oldest settlement in south america? How did those people get there from the middle east after the flood wiped out everything on the earth?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

How long would saltwater sea life live with such a massive instant introduction of freshwater?

Whats the oldest living trees on earth? How old are they?

Explain Australia??? And other migrations of animals in remote places with no record of such migration?

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Answers:
    1: It rained for 40 days, but I think the floodwaters stayed much longer.
    2: Not long I imagine. Then again, god said 'every living thing' would be destroyed.
    3: Not at all probably. Then again if there was a global flood that altered topography and created oceans, then saltwater oceans as we know them didn't exist yet.
    4: Pretty much all researchers agree that civilization began to record their history only less than 5,000 years ago, and for some reason the humans in the thousands of years before that didn't.
    5: I don't know what dates researchers placed on the artifacts they discoved there.
    6: It's called the Berring Straight (I think, not sure), anyway, it's the land passage between Russia and Alaska that has since broken off. That's why native Americans look similar to Mongolians, a mixture of western European and Oriental.

Maybe Jeramy has different ideas, maybe not.

• marmot
    marmot

Neat Blue Dog, there is evidence of human civilization dating back to 10,000 to 8,000 B.C.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6bekli_Tepe

• sir82
    sir82

Then again if there was a global flood that altered topography and created oceans, then saltwater oceans as we know them didn't exist yet.

Huh? Bazillions of millions of billions of gallons of water come tumbling down, and suddenly the world, which previously had no salt water at all, is covered with bazillions of millions of billions of gallons of salt water?

So where exactly did all those quadrillions of tons of salt come from?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So where exactly did all those quadrillions of tons of salt come from?

God has a big salt shaker !

• prologos
    prologos
    They just discovered brine on mars, leftover from the flood waters that fell from there to here. who says we have no imagination, are not the equal to the spinners long ago?
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

What kind of anchor did Noah use to remain in the same area after a

massive flood? People have been stranded in the ocean for a few days

and have drifted for miles and no rain from above and below. Noah remained

within a few miles from his home. If he had stepped off the boat in North America

OK maybe, but the earth was very small for Noah.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

marmot: Notice it's '8-10,000' years ago, a 2,000 year window because it can't be pinned down with extreme accuracy. Nevertheless, it's a civilization IN MESOPOTAMIA in a time period that roughly equates with the bible's story.

sir82: Who said there was "no salt water"? It had to have been a different composition; by necessity it was. After the flood and the passage of much time, of course different bodies of water in different places would take on different chemical compositions, and the sea life that live in them adapt to their climate over successive generations. Ever heard of Darwin's finches?

• nelim
    nelim

Questions are boring. Let's watch a video instead! :-D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I225Vcs3X0g

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit