Who shuns you?

by Dawn 39 Replies latest jw friends

• ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn

Thanks Rhett, I know your right. Sometimes, I'm embarrassed that I was ever a part of it myself. Like, what was I thinking wasting all that time in cult??? How could I stay there for so long??? Thoughts like that make me reluctant to share my past with anyone. Am I the only one who thinks that way?

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

So, finally, I understand part of the reason my daughter choose to shun her sister. She can be looked as a martyr on her KH. That will get her more credit to stay on the "elite" of that KH. She is also following her conscience, but it makes me mad she could have chosen not to shun her. Hummmm! many options to chose from!

• SYN
    SYN

This whole thread is an excellent example of just how wrong Dubs and their leaders are. It is the shunning above all that makes being a Witness one of the worst things on Earth.

Luckily I had virtually no close friends in the KH, but oddly enough, another 'Brother' I attended school with, and who was in my classes, still continued hanging out with me. We would never exchange as much as 2 words (literally - he would tell jokes, I would tell jokes, but we would never directly speak to each other). I feel that this is because we were such close friends...apparently I 'shocked' the congregation when I announced my DA to my parents.

HEHE.

Whatever. Thing is, a lot of people on this board come from mult-generation-spanning Dub families, which must be horrific on them, being shunned by their entire extended family. Geesh. You people have my deepest sympathies!

Probably the key thing is making lots of 'worldly' friends, who can act as a buffer in times like this.

It really is such an amazingly beautiful series of interlocking systems that comprise what a human is. It's too bad we're working backwards from the object code, everything would be simpler with the source and a comment or three thrown in.

• cosmo
    cosmo

I'm amazed at what the JW's do to their families. Fortunately I saw the light when I was studying and stopped cold. It seems like the JW's are like a fraternity. If you don't pay your monthly dues, you can't come to the parties. My wife was shunned by her friends when she got engaged to me. In fact, the elders at my families tried to get my family not to come to my wedding (they didn't succeed). It was the Colima Congregation, Whittier California. So far I've got even with a couple of them including the PO James Villanueva who was DF'd for committing adultery. I hacked his email system and found out about his little side action (Monica Wilson) then emailed it to people in that congregation.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

DOE!!!!!

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• thinker
    thinker

My wife DA'd just before we got married. I've never been a JW, but I just shunned right along with her! All her JW family won't communicate with me. Her former friends won't either. There is one friend who secretly is associating with us, but she's really nervous about it in public.

• Xena
    Xena

Both my sisters and their loving mates... and my in-laws (woohoo this was a PLUS!!!!!!)

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

I'm not officially da or df and the only one that shuns me is my little sister.

Funny thing though is that at one time she was THE one that mattered. Everyone else could have shunned me and I wouldn't have cared.

I'm starting to feel relief from it now. I am not burdened with hearing her boring conversations about the circuit assembly parts, her pioneering, the meetings bla bla bla.

I don't miss her anymore either. It's wierd but I think she does things on purpose to hurt me. Even her own friends don't shun me but she does.

She feels that it will make me want to go back. It wont. It makes me see how glad I am that I'm not a part of it.

I want my mom to tell her that I feel that way. Mom, are you reading? I think you should tell her that you are so happy after talking to me to see that I am content. You can also tell her that you are so glad to see that Ericka's behavior has made me never want to go back. After all, the reason I was there in the first place was because of our dysfunctional family. And the *love bombing* the JWs did tricked me. But *sis* has made me see that it was all a facade.

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

Blue, I'm happy for you that you are getting over... I'm still in pain, but I know I'll also get heal.

Let's see what is next. Love to all here,

Yadira

• c5
    c5

I am DA'd. Every current witness in the area shuns me. My mom and younger brother will still talk to me, but they "limit" thier association with me, which still hurts.

When I was inactive, and not yet under suspicion of leaving, no one took any initiative to try to help me. Everyone witness I came into contact with ignored me or said quick hellos and left.

If I fail or if I suceed, at least I'll live as I believe.~~W.Houston

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit