Candace Conti v Watchtower Society | June 3, 2013 | Respondent's Brief - prepared by Rick Simons | A136641

by jwleaks 212 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Prime
    Prime
    Prime.. So, if you were an elder, you would not warn any parents in the congregation or report a suspected molester to the police, if you were not legally required to?

"Yes," means I'd get law enforcement involved even I were not legally required to do so.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Prime.. So you would involve the authorities even if you didn't have to.. Why? To protect children and help bring about justice, or to avoid any kind of legal trouble or accusation at a later date?

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Prime, are you an elder or MS?

The reason that the WTS is being sued and losing is that they have a PATTERN of hiding child abusers...this is not a "one off" situation. You mention the RC Church, and they in fact have been sued for covering up child abuse...the RC Church's MO has been to settle with the abusers. I also believe the RC CHurch has publicly admitted to the problem. The WTS doesn't want to settle...they would rather fight to preserve their dubious reputation, and prefer to villify the victim instead of "man-ing" up and admit responsibility, and more importantly, institute change.

Me thinks the Conti case will just be the tip of the iceberg...

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Luke 10:27 ESV And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.” ... Does it show love of neighbor for an elder to theoretically stop his daughter from staying with a molestor, but failing to warn anyone elses parents?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Prime said , " "Yes," means I'd get law enforcement involved even I were not legally required to do so."

Thank goodness..!!!!!

Data-Dog said, " Prime's Matrix of Leadship program evidently does not allow for morality.. If Prime is an Elder, he is more than likely a young Elder, based on his choice of avatar. IF he is a young Elder, or MS, then he is such precisely because he follows orders blindly. How different from the noble-minded character on which his avatar is based. "

The above statement is retracted, and my apologies go out to Prime. Sorry Prime.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" The reason that the WTS is being sued and losing is that they have a PATTERN of hiding child abusers.. "

A willful pattern of bad behavior indicates an un-repentant attitude, and is ground for DF'ing. Just sayin'

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Yes it is a good sign.. But I still need to understand how Prime can say that he would report to the police, but those elders had no moral responsibility to do so..

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Prime or DreamWeaver, alice.in.wonderland, Spade, Maze, Tempest, is that really you? I thought you were never going to return here?

• Prime
    Prime

"Prime or DreamWeaver, alice.in.wonderland, Spade, Maze, Tempest, is that really you? I thought you were never going to return here?"

My name is Ryan.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

(sorry to repeat, but I didn't get an answer) Prime.. So you would involve the authorities even if you didn't have to.. Why? To protect children and help bring about justice, or to avoid any kind of legal trouble or accusation at a later date?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit