My JW best friend is bringing a 'heavy' around to my house to talk some sense into me.

by Julia Orwell 71 Replies latest jw friends

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Oh Julia! I'm so sorry you had to go through that! This is what they are like though, they come to you as a friend but end up stabbing you in the back and throwing you to the wolves. This is exactly what happened to me and others on here.

You're dad is right! And if you need him, go to him, go to your family. You are very fortunate to have them and your husband. I know how hard it is to go through this, but if you can just cut all ties with them. They are only your friend as long as you are a good JW. As long as you are around them or talk to them, they will continue to hurt you like this. I never met you in person but over the last few months I can tell you are a kind and caring person with a heart. You are too good for them! I can see that the more they try to help you, they really are pushing you out. I know it's hard but let them push you out. Start a new life with your hubby.

I'm going to be sending a private message.

Gojira

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Julie, I think you did quite well under the circumstances. You were ganged up on and had no chance.

PS> For those who don't speak Australian:

And my husband sat there like a stunned mullet the whole time.

Stunned mullet

Meaning: surprised, bewildered, uncomprehending. You're said to look like a stunned mullet
    when you have no idea what's going on or what they're talking about.
    Example: When she said no, he looked like a stunned mullet.
  • redvip2000
    redvip2000

They rebutted: Oh that's old stuff! Why bring it up!?

I guess the word "credibility" doesn't mean much to them.

Perhaps next time they apply for a loan, and the loan officer points out previous late payments and defaults, they can use this same idiotic logic.

Heavy: but someone's got to print the literature! How would people learn the truth without an org?

I love when they ask this question. I usually answer that assuming that we believe (which they do) that there have always been servants of Jehovah on earth, then who was printing literature 200 years ago? how about 1000 years ago? how about in the first century? Then the blank stare of someone who doesn't have a answer...

Them: Oh Russell, oh no, he wasn't inspired, just a guy...

So if we admit that during Russell's time, what they called truth was actually false for the most part, in what year did the truth become truth? And it is all truth now, or only partial truth? And why did Jesus choose "just a guy" as a cornerstone for his organization despite all the errors?

And since the Org is still making corrections on an on-going basis, why does it take Jehovah over 130 years to make simple corrections in his organization? Has Jehovah not figured out a streamlined way for cascading accurate information down to his organization in an efficient and expedited manner? It seems most other corporations are doing a better job!!

ahhh good old Watchtower logic.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yep, and like Blondie said too, they won't stay on one point and let you really delve into it.

Re my beloved husband, all is well with him and me. He was caught more off guard by my old 'friends' than I was and he is a non confrontational type, but the type who quietly stands his ground. I'm glad he was there with me and literally held my hand. He's a really kind and compassionate guy, and he hurts if I hurt, and seeing 'friends' carry on like this is reinforcing the ugly side of the cult to him.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Wih friends like that who needs enemies.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

My thought exactly, Mrs Jones!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Your experience just proves to me how brain washed JW's really are, they can not see the trees for the forest. I had a similar experience with one elder about the hypocrisy of the blood doctrine. I guess there's really no waking them up. They have been told that they have the truth for so long they just believe it hook line an sinker. I guess then all i can do is try to save my young children since no one else can be saved, they must wake up and save themselves!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yeah, bail with your family. I'm DONE with my 'friends'.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I think it is something we all go through. We think our friends will understand, because they know us us sooo well, and we think they will be different, because we know they are rational, good people. Unfortunately, when the faith is being challenged, they revert to the Watchtower mind control, their true personality is obscured, fear takes over, the brain shuts down, and all they can do is repeat what they have been told.

But you never know, you may have planted a seed that will grow. It sometimes takes many events like this before we wake up.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Julia: " I actually have a little community page for my bird breeding program with a small following, and there are some really great ladies on there whom I'm starting to get to know pretty well. I know it will be a friendship based on mutual interest in these birds.... "

This is off topic, but I hope it will provide a little distraction for you, Julia. What kind of birds do you breed? I love birds of all persuasions, but my absolute favorites are parrots and parakeets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit