My JW best friend is bringing a 'heavy' around to my house to talk some sense into me.

by Julia Orwell 71 Replies latest jw friends

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I agreed, if only because I want to see my friend of many years. The 'heavy' is a large, imposing man with a booming voice and is a creature of the GB through and thru (eg only visited his dfd dad on his death bed because it was a 'good witness' to the hospital staff) and I'm feeling stressed about seeing him. I so badly wanted to see my friend though, I agreed without thinking and now wish I hadn't have. It's not for me to be intimidated by a JW 'heavy' I've known for years, but I just don't want to be interrogated. At least the 'heavy' is no longer an elder; had to step down about a decade ago due to poor health.

They will be here soon, and I'll report on it below.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

OMG all my anxiety is flooding back and my nerves are shot. Hurry up and arrive already!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Ask the "heavy" why the FDS couldn't figure out who it the hell the FDS was for 95 years.....

Well, maybe not. Anyway, I know you are trying to hang on to relationships, but its very rare once you leave "da troof".

Let us know how it goes

• Satanus
    Satanus

Omg. My brother did the same on me. It was some jw who had been missionary in some 4th world country, piosneer and whatever. I to agreed. Got an instant migraine. In the encounter, the heavy concluded it was hopeless and left fairly quickly. I don't remember the conversation. Good luck. Just try to saty cool. You are in the right. He will likely fly off the handle. That will just prove that you are right.

S

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Unless you want to be disfellowshipped, refuse to discuss doctrine.

It's technically "acceptable" for a JW to have doubts; you just can't express them.

By now you realize it's not really about doctrine, the "truth,""accurate knowledge" or any of those noble and lofty sounding things.

It's about one thing and one thing only: Listen, Obey and Be Blessed!

I don't see this ending well.

• Satanus
    Satanus

You could always phone your friend back and cancel. Of course, she would not see how that was possible, so you would need a good excuse. It IS your house, and you can decide who can enter it. You could say that you only really wanted to see your friend, and so, she is welcome, but the heavy is not. Tough cookies for the heavy. But, he is a big boy, afterall.

S

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I have noticed that dubs seem to have a harder time setting personal boundaries. Imagine the reaction if Julia told her friend she was bringing a heavy cult expert by to show her how wrong she is for being a Jehovah's Witness.

• humbled
    humbled

So true, LisaRose

• trujw
    trujw

Heavy= a man that doesn't see reality and only purpose is to have you see his point of view. No logic or intellect is allowed. Stop playing by the cults rules you can't win.

• trujw
    trujw

I tried to in 1996 help the elders with what I learned. I read COC and ISoCf by Franz. The loving body of elders could care less and were the most unloving rude, arrogant, little minded people I have ever ever seen. When I proved a point one pampas fool said don't you dare try to teach me we are here to teach you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit