God will forgive me....apparently

by punkofnice 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I left the JWs and went to a Baptist church which was far better than anything I'd known before having been born into the dangerous cult of the watchtower corporation.

Having travelled a path of spirituallity I have concluded that there is no god evident to me. Evolution? I have no idea...I just live my life knowing that when I die there is nothing after it. I will be gone forever...nothing lives on. I don't like this but it's reality. Who said we had to like reality?

Cut to the chase:

I have been told by christians that it isn't surprising I have no faith in gad after being conned by the WBT$ and that god will forgive me for not believing because of this.

The fact that when I was a staunch believer I asked for god's help and in my darkest time he wasn't there got me thinking.

I was told it was because god had something better for me. Alarm bells. This just seemed to be people propping up and giving validity their own delusionary belief by 'encouraging' me.

So there it is.

God gave me no help when I truly believed. That lack of help has destroyed my belief in god. I have not willingly 'rejected' god as some fundies think (which means I believe in god but am just being a rebel). I truly DO NOT BELIEVE anymore.

However, god will forgive me.

I can't lose! (He said tongue in cheek)

Sorry folks....rant over...I just wanted to get it out there..........

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

I hear you punk. Personally I still believe there is a god. But I think he kinda created us and said, "Ok guys, you got like 80 years before your body deteriorates so make the most of it. Go have fun and enjoy!

If there is something more I do not see why he would put us through all these hoops of hoping to find the right people who could tell us exactly what he told them through a huge patchwork of guesses and algorithms.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

punk...i loved punk music it was because before punk music at that time in the 70s it was all so incredibly pretentiouse with groups like Yes and Rick bloody Wakeman being as flash and musically trained possible. Punk was a real revolution in England with high unemployment and job centers, punk music said kids have a future and all kids can be in a rock band.

So what has the above got to do with your rant? well i believe in acceptence and forgiveness and i believe the key to understanding for me is accepting music like Yes and Rick bloody Wakeman who made great music as did the Sex Pistols and The Jam and X ray spex and Niel Young...and it was all self centerd and it was all great as are lynyrd Skynyrd. My point is its music and my music is somebody elses football and somebody elses football is being a cathalic or j.w... So if God ever starts speaking to me he is ever lasting love and if he never speaks to me, i am still created and i believe i exist and " I Am" and that is who jesus claimed to be "I am..the ......" and if thats not good enough for God who created me he doesnt exist.

• zound
    zound

It's not about you, it's about them. It's like witnessing - the reason for it is to bolster their faith - not save peoples lives.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I've met you Punky - there aint a chance in hell you will be forgiven ;-)

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

soso - That reminds me of Mr Bean. God wound him up and plonked him on earth then let him go.

NHAH - Music communicates. My band play punk. I'm sure god would like us....

zound - I agree. It bolsters their delusion.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

cantleave -

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

You are forgiven. Go your way, and believe no more.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Nathan Natas - Here is one from my book bag for you.............

7b726a460a727fbdf85619652379fed04cc83906

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

For many years, I could not bring myself to say " there is no god".

I had a Catholic work colleague who told me the same.

But with the passing years, I now can say it: "There is no God, otherwise he would have ............"

There: I've gone and said it. Jean-Luc has come out of the closet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit