Awkward moment at the WT study today

by FadeToBlack 47 Replies latest watchtower bible

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Your teaching? Since when is MY teaching required to match the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger's? If it does, then is it really MY teaching? If it is, can I get disfellowshipped for it?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

An Elder finally answered the " overlapping generations " question.. I just laughed loud enough for my wife to hear and said, " I have no idea what that meant, oh well..." Then I just shrugged. I hope she is thinking....

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

How does anything in the July 15, 2013 WT change any of the three points in the box at the top of the page in last week's Study Article?

• earthfire
    earthfire

Thanks Watcher and ProfCNJ. I guess my confusion still is between it being read in the halls now but not supposed to be talked about until September? I'm sorry I'm not getting it. Must be the fever I've had for the past week.

• designs
    designs

Behind the times here, so what changed over a couple of months?

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

I decided I had to comment on the B. question for paragraph 16. My comment was:

"The Beroeans heard this new information from Paul, and did the right thing by going back to the scriptures to prove to themselves that what he was teaching was true-- they weren't lazy and just assumed this new teaching from Paul was supported by scripture, they realized they were responsible for their own salvation, which required they prove this new teaching to themselves. That's why daily Bible reading is still crucial for us today. We just reviewed 3 different teachings that have changed recently. When we heard each of these changes, did we open our Bibles and prove it to ourselves, or were we lazy and just assumed it must be right? It's something we should all keep in mind next time the Governing Body (I refuse to use the term "Faithful & Discreet Slave") changes a teaching."

Then on paragraph 18, I said:

"As we discussed earlier, that is why it is so important that when the Governing Body changes a teaching, we take the time to open our Bibles and prove it to ourselves. It's so often because of these changes that people choose to leave the Organization and be considered "apostate"; if we haven't proven these changes to ourselves from the Bible, we will find ourselves unprepared if we're in position where we're challenged to prove that teaching from the Bible."

The conductor didn't seem to flinch at either comment, although in both cases he simply moved on to the next paragraph. I don't imagine anyone there really listened to what I said, but it felt nice to say something out loud that was honest, maybe will make someone think, and is completely defensible if someone suspects I'm "mentally diseased."

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Respectful Observer,

You make Jehovah sad.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Respectful Observer!!

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

DATA_D

You are sooo right on Respectful's disrespect.

Jehhoobie will not only be SAAAD, he will spiral into a depressive episode, then get mad, which turns him MEAN then he will fly into a homicidal rage and start killing little Calebs and their plastic toys.

WAAAAAAHH!

HB

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Oubliette said: How does anything in the July 15, 2013 WT change any of the three points in the box at the top of the page in last week's Study Article?

As an example look at point #2 (Separating of the sheeps from the goats). Compare that with paragraph 11 in the July WT study article on page 6.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit