Awkward moment at the WT study today

by FadeToBlack 47 Replies latest watchtower bible

• suavojr
    suavojr

Ha-ha! Same thing happened in my hall, the first question was answered verbatim from the actual WT and no explanation of what it meant. Then two elders were picked for the 2 remaining questions. My wife was pushing me to lift my hand to answer, but all I could say was a NOOOOOO. I was too mad about all the lies and could not answer these questions calmly.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

A couple of elders who obviously were aware of the 'new/new truths' in July WT were falling all over themselves trying to dance around the fact that what was printed in this issue as being up-to-date was in fact out of date!

How is the July WT different on the generation?

• Listener
    Listener

I don't think there is anything in the July Watchtower about the generation but they have moved about eight mentions of Jesus' presence (Matt 24 and 25) from having occurred in 1914 to the future. It will be interesting to see if they move the countdown of the generation to beginning in a future period as well.

• ProfCNJ
    ProfCNJ

Actually, only our Service Overseer raised his hand to answer the first question. Looked like nobody cared to research about it or all but one were afraid to give the wrong answers. hehe

• earthfire
    earthfire

Do any of you who still attend meetings notice people questioning or being confused? Or is everyone just accepting the "New Light"?

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew
    they have moved about eight mentions of Jesus' presence (Matt 24 and 25) from having occurred in 1914 to the future.

Wait... so they're saying Jesus isn't here yet? How the heck am I going to require an answer for 1914 if the whole year disappears?

Bet he was quite mortified when another elder, in his comment, confessed that he had mistakenly been teaching people wrong about the sheep and goats one until very recently.

What was he teaching that was wrong and what is he now teaching?

• Shador
    Shador

What was he teaching that was wrong and what is he now teaching?

I assume he's teaching the "correct" understanding now. I don't think he elaborated. TBH I wasn't really paying all that much attention (never do, these days).

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS teaches 2 times regarding Jesus' rulership, actually 3.

33 CE Jesus started ruling over the Christian Congregation

1878 (1914) Jesus started ruling amidst his enemies on earth

At a near future date Jesus will destroy his enemies starting with the great tribulation and ending in Armageddon

• a watcher
    a watcher

earthfire, this new info won't be studied in the congregations until Sept.

• blondie
    blondie

It may not be studied but I'm positive jws know how to access the July 15 WT at www.jw.org.

But of course, most jws haven't read the magazines even by the Sunday they are studied....after all not using them door to door. So not until September will any but the real students of WT publications have read it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit