Awkward moment at the WT study today

by FadeToBlack 47 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

When we got to paragraphs 10,11 with the reference to the box at the top of the page - Is your teaching up-to-date? The conductor asked for an explanation of what the current 'bible truth' was. For the first one, 'this generation (Matt 24:34) absolutely nobody raised their hand! My wife had to leave for the restroom at that point. Finally some brave trooper answered the question by reading verbatim a 2 sentence explanation of current WT 'understanding'. Quick shuffle to the next points.

A couple of elders who obviously were aware of the 'new/new truths' in July WT were falling all over themselves trying to dance around the fact that what was printed in this issue as being up-to-date was in fact out of date!

At least it resulted in a nice discussion on the way home with the wife.

If I can just turn down the anger level a bit, this July issue could turn out very well for me (and lot's of others too I hope).

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Thanks for postig this. It gives me hope :)

• prologos
    prologos

of course the study was about BIBLE reading, and all the box question were on the opposite, WT reading.

• ProfCNJ
    ProfCNJ

Haha... I can relate. Unknown to many of the brothers seated in our local khall, by Sept. 2013, we will have discussed again the new light that effectively supersedes that new light highlighted in the box.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

How much does anyone want to bet that the new Bible translation the WTS is supposedly working on will read, "These generations will not pass away ..... "?

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

FadeToBlack... I don't understand... So the overlapping generations teaching has been changed in the July 15 WT?

• ProfCNJ
    ProfCNJ

The July 2013 Study Article issue of the WT is loaded with new light for discussion in Sept. 2013. I cannot imagine how our kids, the children, even teens, and interested ones will grasp the new information, dissect it objectively and draw conclusions with unfailing confidence.

I don't know if any of WT leadership can realize that this kind of material when discussed does not fit the entire audience in the kingdom hall.

• hoser
    hoser

The same thing happened in our hall. The wt conducter was very careful to take comments from elders and ms only on the 3 questions.

hoser

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Same thing happened in our hall. I was expecting people to shy off, but not a complete silence. I grinned but then found it rather sad.

Eden

• Shador
    Shador

Our COBE is the WT conductor. Bet he was quite mortified when another elder, in his comment, confessed that he had mistakenly been teaching people wrong about the sheep and goats one until very recently.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit