Awkward moment at the WT study today

by FadeToBlack 47 Replies latest watchtower bible

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Blondie: " But of course, most jws haven't read the magazines even by the Sunday they are studied ...."

I never read them if I could help it. I've read more WTs in your "Comments you will not hear" threads than I ever did during my 14 years as a dub. You have such a way of making them .... interesting.

• whathappened
    whathappened

The reason they were all so quiet is they all know that current "truth" is ever changing and most jw's can't keep up.

• earthfire
    earthfire

Thanks Watcher, I guess I've been out too long. I don't understand the timing of when things will be studied. If it's the July WT why won't it be studied until September? I'm feeling like I should know this.

• a watcher
    a watcher

earthfire, I don't know the real reason for the gap.

Perhaps to give JW's plenty of time to study and highlight it at home?

• ProfCNJ
    ProfCNJ

Hi blondie, interesting question. I myself don't study the WT study article in advance anymore. But this one I will devote time and energy, and be ready to meet up with some friendly elders and fellow MS to shed light on the new light.

We still have ample time to gether evidence to the contrary.

• ProfCNJ
    ProfCNJ

Hi earthfire. Before The WT can be shared or given to the public during house-to-house preaching and other evangelizing means. But now, the WT has 2 editions: 1-for the public consumption and 2-for JW's study only.

The 2nd edition or version used for WT study every Sunday contains about 4 study articles. They are being released to the congregations in advance, e.g. 2 months ahead of the date the magazine is scheduled to be discussed in the kingdom halls.

Hope this helps clarify.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

My apologies for the poor wording in the original description. I was not implying that the generation thing had also changed. Just that we had the awkward silence (on the generation) question and then we progressed to the next 2 points with old/new light.

The question for paragraph 8 was so tempting, but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

8: Briefly share a spiritual gem that you discovered in your Bible reading.

All of the answers were wt-approved. I wouldn't be suprised if the ones chosen to answer that were pre-selected. It just seems too risky.

We also had 1 paragraph where an older brother was going on about how much he read the bible but got cut-off when he paused to take a breath. But even without the microphone he kept on going for another 2 minutes. It was hilarious (if that is possible at he kh)...

• irondork
    irondork

It would behoove them not to go beyond the things written.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

A brilliant article worldy article could cover all the changes over the years...but keep it in such a simple childlike manner that would really show the rank and file how idiotic those changes have been:

• Splash
    Splash

I was sorely tempted to answer the 'what's the latest generation understanding' question, and list all of the changes since the 1900's.

Bottled it though!

Spalsh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit