I think my wife is going to open the can of worms...

by sosoconfused 37 Replies latest jw friends

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

So over the last 5 - 7 months as some may know I have resigned as an elder and just came to a cold stop going to the meetings. Brothers call I wont answer the phone. If they come by I just wont answer the door. Well this morning as me and the wife are sitting in the kitchen the door bell rings, she says "OK I am finally sick of this *#&*"!

I had no clue that she was really this fed up - she jumps out the chair and low and behold its the secretary... He says,"Hi.. sis - Just wanted to come by since you guys have been missing for so long". She says in an annoyed tone - "We haven't been missing we have been right here avoiding your annoying attempts to appear to care about us! We were superstars when you thought you had a new elder in the hall and now that he is not you don't really care about him - you just want to appear that you care when you really don't give a rats ass!"

She slammed the door literally and went in the family room to watch TV. I can only imagine the talk this is going to cause LOL

I love this woman

• laverite
    laverite

Absolutely, positively epic. What a shock the secretary got, ay? Last thing he expected surely. I bet he was expecting a sob story of (pick one or more): depression, too much work, needing to sort yourselves out, family troubles, desperation to come back but somehow paralyzed with fear/anxiety/shame...

What an awesome wife you have there.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Wifey!

• Glander
    Glander

Sounds like it is time to clear the air with the cult. Your wife is my kind of gal.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Wow! Good for her! I think most of us would love to do that too.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Lol! That's awesome!

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Interesting reaction. The last few meeting my husband attended he didn't want me there as he knew I would explode. Little did the congregation know he was testing their reaction to him. They failed the test.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

She left the borg once before because she wanted to go to college - then she came back and decided to try and do the right thing. So she keeps saying, "It's nothing new for me - I just won't be back this time..."

Truthfully she was diehard for a while but that article on IVF a few months back made her irrate. Like foaming at the mouth angry and she expressed it to a few people and they all acted like she was the insane one.

One thing I can say - I'm glad I got her. What is even funnier is that after it happened she just went to go chill like nothing happened. She is watching rerun episodes of sienfeld ... go figure

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Bravo! Bravo!

• whathappened
    whathappened

Fabulous. How great was that? What a relief that she is on your side.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit