Valedictorian Rips Up Preapproved Speech, Recites Prayer Instead

by Sam Whiskey 469 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    My comment says I don’t see HOW granting liberty to a valedictorian to recite the Lord’s Prayer and state agreement with it during his speech gives
    preferential treatment to a single religion.....MS

My point "is" it`s another WHAT IF?"..

Your posts are Rife with "WHAT "IF`s..

It`s a common Trolling Tactic..

It gets the Thread "Off Topic/Derailed"

AND..
    You convenently left out the part where I point out your Playing Stupid..

You don`t see how a Christian Prayer,recited by a Christian in front of an Audience..
    Gives preferential treatment to the Christian Religion?..
    I doubt your that Stupid Marvin......OUTLAW

You leave a lot of things out of your posts,in an attempt to manipulate this thread..

Your reply is non-responsive. In fact you’ve done nothing but thrown bait in this discussion at the expense of trying to offer constructive
    response when questions are asked. I stand accused of avoiding inconvenient questions. Yet my questions are left unanswered left and
    right, and some of them by you. Presumably because to YOU the questions asked are irrelevant.....MS

I won`t help you Derail the Thread by playing "What If" with you..

Your openly gaming this forum,p ointing it out is not Baiting..

Thats calling a Spade a Spade..

When you offer something on-topic I’m happy to reply. Otherwise I won’t waste time.

As has been pointed out to you,many times by many people..

Your the one off topic..

Then you carry it one step farther..

"What am I doing wrong?!..Somebody explain it to me!.."

Even though anyone with more than One Brain Cell can see..

It`s been explained to you many times over the course of this thread..

It`s another lame attempt to derail the thread..

..................... photo mutley-ani1.gif... OUTLAW

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Outlaw:

Even though anyone with more than One Brain Cell can see..

Hey, Outlaw: "Ockham's Razor"....the simplest answer is usually the right one. LOL.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey, Outlaw: "Ockham's Razor"....the simplest answer is usually the right one. LOL.....ADCMS

LOL!!@ADCMS!!..

..................... photo mutley-ani1.gif... OUTLAW

photo mutley-ani1.gif

• talesin
    talesin

edit again, i have never been accused of being normal.

FS - me, too~!

t

* thinks it would be boring to be 'the same' * klass

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

im gonna have a bootleg twinkie and crash.nobody dosnt like sarah lee.

seacrest out.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

It's been mentioned but there's been point after point repeated simply because people can't seem to grasp it, or simply refuse to.

The lad said the lords prayer, hardly original so it wasn't his own words. That surely isn't in despute. If the lad fell to his knees and said," Allahu Akbur, Allahu Akbur, Ashadu anna Muhammadan rasoolullah" (excuse if I got that wrong) which in my view is in no way different to a christian saying the so called lords prayer, can there be any disputing the fact that there would have been an outcry? honestly?

Would that have been viewed by the American public at large as harmless religious speech? I can only speak for myself and say no, I think that would have caused a problem or two. Just my opinion.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Bandotrun - Interesting.

You said you had to 'swear', does this mean you had to hold the Bible in your hand and 'swear'

like in a court of law, you have to hold on to the Bible and 'swear' to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

• steve2
    steve2

The audience could not have cared a tinker's cuss about the right to express one's religious views in public. For if the calculated recital had espoused any Muslim, Hindu or other "heterodox" beliefs, the audience would have been loud still in response, but they would not have applauded but booed their offended disapproval.

The audience cared more than a tinker's cuss that the rote words endorsed their religious beliefs. The hollow sound of self-congratulatory applause can impress me momentarily still - until I catch myself in awe of a crowd milked into self-absorbed mirror-licking.

• Diest
    Diest

This has to be the longest thread about a non-issue that I have ever seen! Some kid said the lord prayer and christians piss themselves over how amazing he is (a 1st grader could have done it). On the flip side the Atheists are upset that he did it. This is a non-contraversy.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Much ado over nothing.

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit