My brother says: Don't worry about 2052, we will be in paradise by then...

by Joliette 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Joliette
    Joliette

I was talking to my brother about a video that I saw about african genocide, and in the video this Doctor that I listened to was saying based on his research he predicts that africans in different regions of africa will be scaled back by about 50% by the year 2052 (due to AIDS, food storages, etc). My brother gave me a drive home from work and we were talking about this. He said that we wont have to worry about that cause 2052 is never going to happen. By then Jehobo and his angel crew (along with his out of wedlock son) will be here ruling over the entire earth. I was like: Ooooookay, and then went back to listening to the rap song on the radio.

• hoser
    hoser

I'm not worried about 2052. I'll be dead

• Joliette
    Joliette

I'll be 69 by then (I was born in 1983). I think there is a good chance that I might still be around. I still want to plan for my future no matter what. One of the biggest mistakes that I made growing up (going to school) is that I assumed that the world was gonna end by 2000, and I didnt plan. I am now 30, no spouse or children, and I wish I had of planned more when I was 18. So I know for a fact that planning is important.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

This end time delusion is just a way to live in denial. It's so sad, I felt the same way back in the day, the world was going to end in 75. The problem is the all the bad decision that get made because "we are so close". it's just a cop out, you don't have to make any tough decisions about your life, or the rest of the world, God is going to take care of it for you. You just have to trust a few men you don't know to make all your important life decisions for you, and you are good to go.

• steve2
    steve2

Your dear brother betrays no cautionary awareness of the multiple generations of sincere believers across successive centuries who have been utterly convinced the end was imminent - and the only end that came was their own death (i.e., old age or some other cause unrelated to the end of this system). That these expectant hordes have now been dead for long centuries seems not to count for anything that might humble those end-of-the-world expectations. At a certain level it betrays willful ignorance - the kind that neither wants nor welcomes corrective feedback. Oh, let me drift untroubled into my religious anaesthetic and wake me not.

You sound wise to your brother's slumber-minded sincerity: Your listening to a rap song on the radio is a more productive pasttime than trying to engage him in reasoned dialogue. People who sleep their lives away seldom show appreciation to anyone who cares enough to try to awaken them.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Yeah I feel so sorry for him. Him and my parents are stuck in a time warp. Thinking that the future isnt going to happen.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

You can just show him this quote:

Awake May 22, 1969 p.15 - "If you are a young person, you also

need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system

of things

indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. ...

Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this

system offers. If you are in high school and thinking about a college education,

it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a

specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It

will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!"

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

ADCMS - you also need to bold, italicize and underline the word FACT in the quote above.

This wasn't their idea. . . . Oh nooooooooo . . . This is a friggin' FACT

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

BOC-

Too late to edit my post above so here you go:

Awake May 22, 1969 p.15 - "If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system

of things..."

---

Red highlight added at no extra charge. Thank you for your support.

"fact" automatically converts to "we never said that" only after the failure.

Prior to the failure, "fact" retains its traditional meaning (requiring the same expected levels of gullibility and blind acceptance from JWs by WT).

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am sure they said the same thing 100 years ago about 1952. Here we are more than 60 years past that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit