Why doesn't anyone know about the UN thing?

by Comatose 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Jehovah's Witnesses link to UN queried

Sect accused of hypocrisy over association with organisation it has demonised.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2001/oct/08/religion.world

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Suspicious: Any links would be helpful though.

Here's a link to the follow up article to the one MrsJones posted above:

'Hypocrite' Jehovah's Witnesses abandon secret link with UN

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2001/oct/15/religion.unitednations

• Stephen Bates , religious affairs correspondent
    • The Guardian, Sunday 14 October 2001 20.28 EDT
  • Suspicious
    Suspicious

I found it on my own searching. I was not joking lol. I'm still reading on it.

Found it on this post: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/248913/1/My-chat-with-an-Elder-about-the-UN-thing-Help

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

You should also check this out article on jwfacts.com:

- Watchtower's United Nations Association

• Tech49
    Tech49

I have been in the "truth" all my life, an elder for more than 10 years, and a MS 8 years prior to that (right in the middle of the UN timeframe). NEVER heard a thing about it until I stumbled on it while cruising the web.

Why hasnt anyone heard about it ?.........Simple really...... because they don't want you to hear about it.

Don't question, don't research anything outside of "Mother's" publications, and for God's sake, dont look at any "apostate" websites!

And now, the beatings will continue until moral improves....

Jack

• Comatose
    Comatose

I know none of my family knows besides my sister. My parents are still trying to save me. I can see the shocked and horrified looks on their faces if I told them. It's one I think would be hard to make excuses for. I still remember when I found out. I hardly believed it and I was already reading "apostate" stuff.

If they keep pushing, it's a great fall back to say why I am discouraged. "Someone in service told me we joined the UN. I didn't believe it, but now I found out its true."

Honestly I just wouldn't want to mentally f them up like that. Maybe that's why no one knows. Us "apostates" are actually kind people who wouldn't destroy an aging relatives beliefs. We prefer to lovingly try to help them.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Do you remember that scene with Taylor standing before the judicial commitee ? in "The Planet of The Apes" ?

It fits the G.B. and their supporters down to a tee.

smiddy

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

They lie about the relationship they entered with the United Nations. I kid you not, the same answer keeps coming from different people who should no better.

"We only had a "Press Pass" to gain access to the United Nations Library and keep track of how the UN is responding towards radical religions of Babylon the Great."

Your not going to get anyone to go past what I said, this is the offical response coming from the brightest mind at Bethel. I have a source at HQ in a department who knew exactly what they were doing, I am providing you with his offical response.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

They also sent a letter to BOE's to tell them how to respond (lie) when asked, so no wonder there is an answer that is more or less the same whoever you ask.

I have to confess that back in 2001 (?) when this first appeared in the press here in the U.K I read all about it, but dismissed it as not very relevant, if a bit strange, and thought I would wait for an explanation. The whole thing was never aired, so I forgot about it until I actually left and started research.

How my mind was controlled then ! ( excuse- born in).

If it was not spoken of then, it is buried and forgotten now as far as the WT and the R&F are concerned.

• ?evrything
    ?evrything

Would love to hear the convo between the UN and the GB when UN is all like "So Scarlet colored wild beast huh?" and GB is like "yeeeeeeea about that".

Anyone else discredit the UN's power?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit