Why doesn't anyone know about the UN thing?

by Comatose 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Comatose
    Comatose

I can't fathom it. If I asked anyone in the last couple halls I've been in they wouldn't know. It would seem to me that news like that would race around a circuit and spread like wildfire over the country. Why doesn't anyone know? Why don't they talk about it? Not even apologist deny it, they just make light of it. I can't understand how that could be out there and no one other than an apostate know. I mean there are a select few D.O. and C.O. and elders who may have had the question who know, but none of the publishers and not most elders.

• Londo111
    Londo111

If the Society doesn't say it in print, it's discounted as a rumor or lie, and forgotten.

There hasn't been any media coverage since the scandal broke. As a JW, I never heard about it until I woke up to TTATT.

There are also not too many who can explain the Society's interpreation of the scarlet-colored wild beast being the UN.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

There wasn't any media coverage in the states. There was a little bit of coverage in England. The story broke there in The Guardian.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Some families do not speak of their illegitimate children. I do know the UN received enough inquiry letters that they posted their standard reply letter to try and stem the flow.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I know about it! That's why I left.

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

What's this UN thing?

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

does this help..

• jam
    jam

The ones that know about the UN thing, it,s no big deal. It

will take a brick up side their heads to wake up some.

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

Sorry T doesn't help. Any links would be helpful though.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Suspicious I can't tell if you are joking....

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/united-nations-association.php

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit