I am new here

by Stauros 28 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty
    I do believe God has set a time to remove the old and insert the new. - irondork
    It says there will be an end, so people that refuse to believe are just fooling themselves - stauros
    Instead of getting worse the world is getting better with every generation. Less violence, better health, education, increasing life expectancy, improving attitudes on equality - by every possible measure the world is the best it has ever been. - cofty
    Cofty, why don't we focus on welcoming Starous and offering our support through this difficult transition. There will be plenty of time for you to browbeat him with your philosophies another time. - irondork

So having reinforced the bias of a JW bible study to a psychologically damaging apocalyptic worldview you lecture me about challenging it.

How is this not hypocrisy?

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Don't run Stauros... just duck.

• flipper
    flipper

STAUROS- Welcome to the board ! Nice to have you here. There are lots of different belief systems here : Christian, agnostic, atheist, even some who don't KNOW what their belief systems are after exiting the Witnesses. And that's cool too. So yes indeed, you are respected . Everybody has their thing. Everybody has their opinions and that's a good thing. We may or may not agree with some opinions - but freedom of mind is a good thing in order for people to have the right to those opinions. My 2 cents. Take care

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Ya, what NeverKnew said...LOL

Haha...I was just in a "share your thoughts" kind of mood. Sorry Stauros, didn't mean to overrun your thread here...

• free @ last
    free @ last

Hi Stauros. A BIG Welcome to you! Nice to have more believers join the board. Thanks for expressing your views. Feel free to ignore the know it all atheists here or anyone else seeking to convert you. I for one think you are right, the world will end. Nothing lasts forever, not people, not planets and not even the stars.

-free

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Flip, you're always a breathe of fresh air.

• cofty
    cofty
    I for one think you are right, the world will end. Nothing lasts forever, not people, not planets and not even the stars.

The sun will engulf the earth as it inflates into a red giant in about 20 billion years from now. Probably best not to worry about it for now.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Welcome STAUROS

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit