I am new here

by Stauros 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Stauros
    Stauros

Hi, just wanted to say hello.

I have my beliefs, my views, my opinions. I hope people respect them, and do not hate me for my beliefs. We all have the right to believe in what we choose. I will respect your beliefs as well. I have limited posts so just wanted to say hi.

• cofty
    cofty

Hello Stauros, welcome to the forum.

You have every right to expect others to respect you. You will find that beliefs, views and opinions don't automatically qualify for respect however.

I hope you find the forum to be thought-provoking and challenging.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Hi!

Share your story, if you don't mind. It's very interesting to find out what leads people here.

• Stauros
    Stauros

I don't have much of a story, I just believe that this world has an end. I read many varying opinions on what the end will be like, when it will come, and so on so forth. There are too many headlines of people dying and losing their lives from disasters and war. We need a change in this world, and I believe only God can fix it. So I keep searching on what I might find helpful just to build my faith and hope in God. I am keeping on the watch like Christ tells us to, for we do not know when the end will be. I am not perfect, I make mistakes and never claim to be a perfect Christian. I am a sinner in need of foregiveness from God, so I do my best in adhering to what the bible teaches. Other then that I am easy going and try not to engage in verbal conflict with other people about religion. To each his own I say....

• *lost*
    *lost*

Hi there, welcome.

it is nice that you still have your faith and beliefs, and not hatered and bitterness.

Given the current state of the world, how dangerous and un-predictive it is politically and socially, it would be nice to think

that there is some truth in the Bible, and god will put things right

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Welcome

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio
    I just believe that this world has an end. I read many varying opinions on what the end will be like,

I'd be interested to know what you think "the world" is, and how it will meet its end.

• cofty
    cofty

Stauros - Many religions teach that the world is going from bad to worse. It is a central tenet of apocalyptic groups like the Watchtower.

Actually the facts show that we are living in the least violent time in all of human history. Things have never been better - we live in the best of times.

You should read "The Better Angels of our Nature" by Steven Pinker. Here is a video of him discussing the evidence from his book.

Realising the world is not going to end is an important step in recovering from indoctrination.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and welcome. You might find some opposing opinions here.

Loz x

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Peace to you Stauros, good username! I have my beliefs and our good friends on JWN have plenty of fun ways to help you put those beliefs to the test. Please sit back and enjoy the ride, it's mostly smooth with good people who are honest and enjoy helping others out. We might hit a few bumps in the road, but it's better than sitting back on a Bus Stop Bench waiting for the Watchtower to come pick you up(I have yet to see the Tower Members come seeking out many MIAs after they leave for any duration of time.)!! Never take anything personal here, we are all human beings trying to sort out the madness and commonality of being a JW and how it affected our mind and heart and soul! Good Day!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit