Apostate Symposium 2013 San Diego District Convention

by problemaddict 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Thanks for the report from the trenches

I don't think 2014, 2034, any "change" in teaching, or revision of history is going to do anything to JW's. I am more resolved than ever, to turn my attention away from it completely, and to focus on my immediate family, and learning how to craft a proper life.

This. Exactly what everyone leaving needs to realize, there ain't a thing thats going to "bring the WT down" and allow them to leave easily. Even if there were, how long are you willing to wait around for it to happen? I mean every day you waste out in serve-us or going to repetitive meetings is another day lost. Just get out. Today. You will have to pay, some pay more than others.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Bonzz You just voiced my biggest fear

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They are concerned alright! The apostate boogey-man is hiding in every Congregation! At the las CA they had all kinds of special talks about what to do if you don't understand the nu-light! They know it's crap, but it's all they have! They know they are going to have problems and fall-out. That's why they are on high-alert!

If true Christians won't make a good spiritual meal with the GB's ingredients, there is only one alternative.....

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" Bonzz You just voiced my biggest fear "

We joke about kool-aid a lot, but I really do not think it will happen. If my wife wants to run off to Warwick because a doomsday announcement, I will play along. We will load up the car, and head out. Somewhere along the way we will stop at a hotel. Then we will have car trouble. Then I will become too sick to travel. I will stall. Then, if all else fails, she will be duct-taped to a chair and I will drive the opposite way.

• Emery
    Emery

Time is the only thing that will bring them down, something which we don't have a lot.

• ?evrything
    ?evrything

Those illustrations were horrible.

• heathen
    heathen

I've known many jdubs and know they are not free of the accusation of being mentally diseased . My GOD you just question or have a difference of opinion than an elder or the GB and suddenly you are nuts. The WTBTS has a history of lies and they refuse to admit a lie but instead concoct some weird dogma that some how they were still legitmate and genuine and continuing to make the light burn brighter . This generation dogma change is a perfect example of them denying accountability for false prophesy . They stated in every WT publication that the generation of 1914 would not pass away and to be expecting the end within their life time . What I would like to see is the WTBTS GB admit a lie and ask forgiveness , people sacrificed alot for their lie ,some selling homes and quitting jobs to pioneer . Many wound up broke and destitute only to be told the same lie of, it's almost here and the generation is getting pretty old ..blah blah . They just used it to get money for thier new printing facility , they knew it was a lie then cleverly took it out of the publications . Mentally diseased could also imply lacking in human decency and humility and living in a state of cognizant dissonance .

• Dagney
    Dagney

Thanks for posting. It's so hard to hear/read this...but it's important to know what they are dishing out to out loved ones.

Ugh. It's painful. So glad to be away from such negativity.

Thanks again.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Heathen.......they had that half way apologyish kind of sort of mention of things where they have ben incorrect in understanding earlier this year. Are you now convinced?! An elder I spoke to actually told me he counted that as a serious apology and good enough for him. :) What a mess.

I will say......it was hard to sit through. I could not contain my eye rolling. Man those puppies rolled!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

heathen: What I would like to see is the WTBTS GB admit a lie and ask forgiveness

Don't hold your breath!

kitty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit