2034 is going to be a huge letdown for the dubs

by wha happened? 43 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The only references to 2034 have been on sites like this. The expectation does not exist in J W land.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I think that most jws look to the end being right around the corner. That was the thinking 30 years ago with my friends who passed away. I think that is still the thinking today. I remember ones saying that they never expected their children to graduate from high school before the end. Now these children are grown and I have heard them express the same thing. My wife told me that the end will come before my 20 year old son ever retires. Funny, I thought the same thing about me when I was 20 years old.

• Joliette
    Joliette

I can't believe these fools are still setting dates. Its like dude give it up. Aint gonna be no end of the world. I wonder what they'll be preaching in 2034.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I think I am older than all of you, certainly the most. So I don't look forward to 2034. I don't dare hope for so much but I am blissfully happy to hear at least most youth are leaving. I am happy to see Internet with sites galore exposing the WTS and hearing of the 'drain' happening, and baptisms decreasing. I do hope to watch its decline as long as I live. I stand back and enjoying the fragmentation of the WTS like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbQjukRmLSg&feature=player_embedded

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I came in in the late 90s and in the 2000s I vaguely heard the 1975 thing but it wasn't until about January this year I heard about 1925, 1874 and all that when I started visiting illegal sites like this one. JWs are victims of info control so we can't hope that learning about 1975 etc will move them. It's when other stuff bothers them and they go looking that they find 1925 etc and then of course they dig further and become fully conscious.

• suavojr
    suavojr

Misao Okawa is still kicking!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/04/misao-okawa-birthday_n_6799474.html

World's Oldest Woman Misao Okawa Celebrates 117th Birthday

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

I must be one of the younger ones on this board. I will still be in my 40's when that time rolls around.

I want to document the complete implosion of the Watchtower cult.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    Let's not go on wishing the years away. I have a lot of living between now and 2034. I don't really care about future predictions. They will simply fade away as time passes.
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    Wouldn't the date technically be 2039 since the major preaching work didn't start until 1919?
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Wouldn't the date technically be 2039 since the major preaching work didn't start until 1919?

Not until 2034 comes and goes, then it'll be 2039.

Also, I'd just like to state that the (2 year old) comment above (about the only place people are talking about 2034 is on apostate web sites) is not entirely accurate. As far back as the 1990's (probably driven by the generation change) I'd heard 2034 suggested as the end date based on the 120 years of Noah. Now, these have all been idle musings by individual JWs - so, basically what happened in 1975 ;-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit