2034 is going to be a huge letdown for the dubs

by wha happened? 43 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I've seen a few postings of a possible "next date" for dubs of 2034. Based on an article they published comparing the last days to the days of Noah. Preaching for 120 years. However, I noticed a little tidbit from Wiki about age:

A centenarian is a person who lives to or beyond the age of 100 years. Because current average global life expectancies are less than 100, the term is invariably associated with longevity. A supercentenarian is a person who has lived to the age of 110 or more, something only achieved by about one in 1,000 centenarians. Even rarer is a person who has lived to age 115 - as of March 2013, there are only 30 people in recorded history who have indisputably reached this age, of whom only Jiroemon Kimura and Misao Okawa are still currently living.[1][2][3] In 2012, the United Nations estimated that there were 316,600 living centenarians worldwide.[4]

Only one person has ever lived long enough, to fit the timeline of having been born in 1914, and still be alive in 2034. Jeanne Calment F 21 February 1875 4 August 1997 122 years, 164 days France.

I'll be 70 so there is a good chance i'll be alive to see the generation of 1914 die off. It'll be interesting to see how this religion has morphed in 21 years

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

the thought of waiting that long to be validated and see 1914 be abondoned makes me sick. Then only to have the WTS move the "beginning of the harvest" to the 1957 sputnick launch makes me even sicker.

We all know 1914 will be footnote in 30 years time, unknown to so many in the same manner as 1925.

They will just keep moving the goal posts and getting away with it just like they always have.

JW's don't stay in the BOrg for doctrine, they stay in for the social benefits. So long as they don't need a blood transfusion or are forced to shun their own child, they will stay in and not care about overlapping generations or changed dates of expectation.

• jw07
    jw07

They used the same carrot on a stick for my great grand parents, my grand parents, my parents, it didn't work with me, but it's working on most of my friends. It's funny how easily the mind can be manipulated with tiny tweaks to the same old trick.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

How can it be a letdown when most are not ever aware of it?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Of the genration? Do u think the genration talk will be history by then? It's likely to be as the 1914 generation will be all pushing up flowers.

I don't need another failure on the WT to validate myself. They were written off a long time ago in my head as an unfortunate decision made in joining a cult

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They will be milking the " Apostate " threat for years. The fear of losing everlasting life will be so great that the GB 3.0 will swoop in to the rescue. The r&f will be so grateful to be rescued from their fears that they will support everything the GB does.

FUTURE QUOTE from 2026

Proclaimer's Book Volume 2, page 120

" Sincere Witnesses of the most High God, Jehovah, eagerly looked forward to the vindication of his illustrious name. That commendable attitute and alert, watchman-like state of urgency and faithfullness, moved some to expect the end in their lifetime. The significance of 1914, the year Christ began his approach to Jehovah's great heavenly throne to begin the inaugural proceedings was not lost on that group of loyal " domestics."

Decades in advance the Governing Body has urged faithful witnesses of Jehovah to maintain their sense of urgency in these last days, during the inauguration of Christ Jesus. Some Scholars maintain that ancient Coronation ceremonies could last for days or weeks. This called for patience on the part of loyal kingdom subjects. How happified the domestics are that they have remained ever alert during the soon to be reigning King's coronation!

Although we do not know the length of the heavenly coronation ceremony, there is no need to harbor regrets about our lives as " temporary residents " in this fleeting system. Surely there is no greater way to spend our lives than serving Jehovah God as we eagerly await the future enthronement of the King designate Christ Jesus! What a glorious future is in store for faithful domestics who tirelessly preach of the coming day of Jehovah's judgment to take place soon after Christ assumes the throne! Like Noah and his faithful family, all those following the loving admonition of the Governing Body take solace in the fact that only a short time remains in Satan's dying system. The " generation " of faithful anointed Governing Body members alive to discern the full meaning of Christ's coronation ceremony, commencing in 1914, will likely be on hand to witness the " complete end " as Christ leads Jehovah's executionary forces in a final battle against this rebellious, ungodly world. "

• Ding
    Ding

JWs have a way of forgetting all those embarrassing predictions.

Besides, now that generations overlap, the 1914 "generation" goes on and on...

• sspo
    sspo

Nothing is letdown to a brainwashed witness.

Whatever the GB says, they accept it as "new light".

I believe most witnesses don't even know or realize or give any thoughts on what's going on with all the changes of doctrines.

Most will die as witness as we have seen since 1870.

• yknot
    yknot

*** w10 12/15 pp. 30-31 Questions From Readers ***

Questions From Readers

At Genesis 6:3, we read: "My spirit shall not act toward man indefinitely in that he is also flesh. Accordingly his days shall amount to a hundred and twenty years." Was Jehovah limiting the life span of humans to 120 years, and did Noah preach about the coming Flood for that long?

The answer to both parts of the question is no.

Prior to the Flood, many humans lived for centuries. Noah was 600 years old when the Flood came, and he lived to be 950. (Gen. 7:6; 9:29) Some who were born after the Flood also lived much more than 120 years. Arpachshad died at 438 and Shelah at 433. (Gen. 11:10-15) Yet, by Moses' time, the normal life span was down to 70 or 80 years. (Ps. 90:10) So Genesis 6:3 was not fixing for humans a maximum or normal life span of 120 years.

Then, does that verse amount to a divine comment to Noah about warning others of the destruction to come in 120 years? No. On a number of occasions, God did speak to Noah. We read ten verses later in the account: "God said to Noah: 'The end of all flesh has come before me, because the earth is full of violence.'" In the following years, Noah finished the massive task of building the ark, and at that point "Jehovah said to Noah: 'Go, you and all your household, into the ark.'" (Gen. 6:13; 7:1) And there are other instances when Jehovah informed Noah of certain facts.-Gen. 8:15; 9:1, 8, 17.

However, Genesis 6:3 reads differently; it does not mention Noah, nor does it say that God was addressing him. It can be taken to be a simple expression of God's purpose or determination. (Compare Genesis 8:21.) Significantly, in the historical record about developments long before Adam's time, we find such expressions as: "God went on to say." (Gen. 1:6, 9, 14, 20, 24) Obviously, Jehovah was not speaking to a human on earth, for man had not yet been created.

It is logical, therefore, to conclude that Genesis 6:3 expresses God's resolve to end the corrupt system of things on earth. Jehovah issued a judicial decree to do so in 120 years, though Noah was not yet aware of that. But why set a time limit? Why wait?

The apostle Peter provides reasons: "The patience of God was waiting in Noah's days, while the ark was being constructed, in which a few people, that is, eight souls, were carried safely through the water." (1 Pet. 3:20) Yes, when God made his determination concerning 120 years, there were things remaining to be done. Some 20 years later, Noah and his wife began to have children. (Gen. 5:32; 7:6) Their three sons grew up and married, bringing the family up to "eight souls." Then they had to build the ark, which was no quick task considering its size and the size of Noah's family. Yes, God's patience for 120 years allowed for those things to be accomplished and set the stage for the preservation of life, allowing eight faithful humans to be "carried safely through the water."

The Bible does not specify the year in which Jehovah informed Noah that the Flood would occur. Inasmuch as his sons had been born, had grown up, and had married, possibly 40 or 50 years remained before the Flood. Then Jehovah said to Noah: "The end of all flesh has come before me." He added that Noah was to build a huge ark and go into it with his family. (Gen. 6:13-18) During the remaining decades, Noah did more than provide an example of righteousness by his life. He served as "a preacher of righteousness" who had a very pointed warning message to declare-God's determination to bring to ruin the ungodly of that time. Noah did not know long in advance in what year that would be, but he knew that it definitely would come. And you know that it did.-2 Pet. 2:5.

Personally I think the next level of change post July 2013 WT is to cease mentioning or jettisoning 1914......

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

JW's don't stay in the BOrg for doctrine, they stay in for the social benefits. ----- Yup, so true. Right from the grannies that knit to the early 20's spiritual weakling 'rebel' that got df'd and sits at the back of the hall to be reinstated. It's where their friends are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit