My mother wants to see my kids

by mrsjones5 29 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

What do you mean "seem"? I am a good mother.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Your parents can certainly respect the office of father of your children. Hey, you gave birth to them. It must be trying.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

lol i cant be to nice ta ya i want to keep you humble

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Oh I not humble about being an awesome mom...too late.

Yeah it is trying Band. Sometimes I think my avoidance of them is just another manifestation of them yanking my chain. Control issues are a bitch.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

i feel you!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

There's a sign in my attorney's office that helps me with the Power of Attorney for one of my realtives says "Be kind to your children, they're the ones that choose your nursing home" . . . . .How true, how true

And this relative that I'm POA for I haven't had anything to do with them for more than 30 years however I live in the area, and her last blood relative, so when this person kicks the bucket, guess who gets the money for the sale of their house, plus what they currently have in an their account, I'll just say it's around half a mil, that plus sale of the house . . . it's a shame when you get old and carry on the way you did when you knew better, but the thing is all her siblings that used to cater to her bullshit or all gone !

• Dagney
    Dagney

Public place, pizza parlor.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

relatives can be assholes, can't they?

You and your family are better off without exposure to all that negativity. And you're right to not respond to her little digs. You can't win with people like that, so no point in wasting your breath.

• flipper
    flipper

Hi, Josie!

It is really sad that your parents are missing out - anyone with their wits about them would be thrilled to have your family. Your kids are the best - kind, smart, thoughtful and fun to be with. And their dad is a wonderful dad and husband. It's really crazy. Who needs it.

Sure looking forward to seeing you soon. love, Mrs. Flip

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hi Mrs Flip! Ya we're all ready and eager to see ya up in Tahoe. Jocelyn asked me at the beginning of the year if we were going again and I was so glad to tell her yes.

My parents know they're missing out but they want to play it like it my fault. Not even halfway true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit