Please explain why the elders are doing this to us

by label licker 33 Replies latest social physical

• label licker
    label licker

Got a phone call today from a couple from our ex congregation. He was visited again by two elders(one in training) again. Third shepherding call within two months. They never had one in thirty-five years but now the elders are on a witch hunt. They were told that they were seen with us and wanted to know what do we talk about. They told the couple that we have been questioning the fds by asking a question about Michael and Jesus. Then they said we weren't df'd nor have we disassociated ourselves from the org and that they were still allowed to say hello to us if they saw us on the street. They said we have been saying negative things about the congregation which is a lie. I feel they were hoping that the couple would say yeah we know and then they would have a case against us. They are slandering our reputation.

When we first came to this hall we had found out from one of the elders that the cobe had gone to our last hall wanting details as to why we were in this hall and brought the filthy gossip back from there to the body of elders here. Even though we came with a good letter and a good recommendation from the co to use us. I called him on it and he was embarrassed that he got caught and asked who told us so we told him the truth. Now they are pulling this shit again after we've been out of it for a year.

Tomorrow I will be putting up no tresspassing signs so incase they do drive in and pull shit on us with a jc, then after they leave I will have them charged with trespassing. The co comes in two weeks so now they are after us. Not one shepherding call nor a phonecall for our hours and yet they say we have to come to them. Is this making any sense to you folks at all. We left quietly and they are causing divisions. Noone calls us or comes over. I think they have told everyone the same thing. Two weeks after we were gone they gave a local needs on apostacy. So they plant that thought with everyone making them wonder who and now this bull crap.

The couple asked them why don't they come and ask us if they have a problem with us and the elder said we can come to them anytime. Well we didn't and now their out for blood. This poor couple have been harassed because they haven't gone to their meetings for over two months and yet the elders are saying we have something to doing with that. WE'VE BEEN OUT OF IT FOR ABOUT A YEAR NOW!

This couple had already told them that they didn't want them coming around anymore and as soon as they got home from the hospital, BAM! Knock knock and there the elders were asking to come in. All because we were seen with them at a store and spoke for no more than five minutes. What if I threatened them with a lawyer? Slander, defameing ones reputation, pain and suffering ect,,, Would a lawyer even get involved in such crap? All in the name of the org hiding behind god. Have anyone experienced what we are going through? This is a freaking nightmare where we can't fight back or stick up for our rights unless we're willing to get df'd and have our family ripped from us. What a cult and all through two stupid uneducated bums who live off their parents and work parttime with no goals but to run around with swelled heads. What a couple of brain dead idiots.

Any suggestions please

• label licker
    label licker

Oops! Posted in the wrong section but this is still soooooo important to us. Sorry!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Because they freaking can! Oh stuff like this makes my blood boil.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

This is typical, LL, and many other experiences here resemble yours.

Elders have no time for shepherding calls or assisting the publishers who need help. But they do have lots of time for JC and investigations into alleged "apostasy".

Makes it pretty clear where their priorities are really at, doesn't it?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I would invite the elder over then blast them with the bible. There are plenty of scriptures to blow up their idea on being a master over you. 2corth. 1:24 j

• 5go
    5go

Yeah the soceity has been putting on a low level witch hunt for a while. There is nothing you can do, they can kick you out of the club if they want for any reason.

• label licker
    label licker

But that's just it. They have no reason unless someone is lying and gossiping. But then they should be coming to us if they have a complaint against us and we should be able to have our accusers come before us as well.

• label licker
    label licker

Since when do elders try to encourage others who are supposedly weak to come to the meetings by tearing other brothers and sisters down?

• Ding
    Ding
    but now the elders are on a witch hunt

Sounds like you answered your own question.

The GB has been hyping the evils of apostasy so much in recent years that JWs (especially elders) are seeing apostates behind every bush.

Certainly, elders don't feel free to ignore claims of apostasy; they feel they have to root it out.

Who knows? The elders may also be under pressure from the CO to straighten out perceived loyalty problems in the congregation.

If someone in the congregation calls someone else an apostate and that person isn't protected by connections to the right people, the elders are expected to investigate aggressively and take disciplinary action.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Label, sometimes it takse nothing more than speculation. I was the SIL of an elder/PO. I got to hear all the dirt going on. On top of making innuendos about certain publishers, (Gee I wonder what they are in trouble for....duh), He would pick out any publisher with low hours, and they rip them apart. Of course not to their face, but would just character assasinate them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit