So, my husband would not even meet the elders who just happened to drop by this morning.

by Julia Orwell 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Scott77
    Scott77

Growing beards like ones above have become an important symbol of liberation from Watchtower enslavery.

Scott77

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

No big deal for normal people. An enormous step for Witnesses. I imagine they are used to royal treatment.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yes, not used to the sheep not having time for them.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

That is great news Julia. Does he know TTATT? It sure will take a lot of stress of of you to have him out with you!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Maybe a little ttatt he's heard from me but I'm not sure yet. It's a bit of a taboo topic atm.

• etna
    etna

Hey Julia, I've just noticed on another thread you said you are from Australia. Where abouts? I'm from Sydney. No one has bothered contacting us, I faded 6 years ago but my wife stopped a while ago. We both had been married before and our kids are still in. Can't say to much to them.

Etna

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Sydney! No way! I live on the Gold Coast, but was born in Sydney. I went to Cronulla congregation for a couple of meetings once when I was visiting. Where abouts are you?

• etna
    etna

Was brought up in Homebush cong, just at Strathfield bethel when it was there, then Bonnyrigg, worked my butt off on the "quick build", then went to Camden, then faded. Now at Balmain and I wish I would talk to some jws and show them how much of a cult it is.

Etna

• andys
    andys

You should have offered him some Reeses Pieces and told him come over here to the dark side........................................

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Reeses Pieces? We don't have those here. The elders actually brought some tim tams around so they were angling for a sit-down with coffee or tea. I did actually put the kettle on for them, but they decided not to stay after I pulled up a chair on the balcony and said I wouldn't have them inside because the house was a mess. They said, "We didn't come to see your house, we came to see you." I just said it was not a good time and my husband was too busy inside. They must've seen that he wasn't going to come out and gave up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit