So, my husband would not even meet the elders who just happened to drop by this morning.

by Julia Orwell 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

He stayed inside and kept going about his business like they weren't even there. I engaged them on the verandah hut politely explained that they'd caught us at a bad time as we were doing a big cleanup of the house. The elders had even bought a pack of chocolate cookies around, so they were expecting to be invited in and offered coffee. They told me they missed us, asked if anyone else had visited us, (no one but elders had visited us)we made some small talk, and they left. My husband is Mr Polite, and I'm amazed he totally ignored them. Maybe he didn't want them to see his beard!

• Comatose
    Comatose

Yay! Congrats Julia. :)

• jam
    jam

So disrespectful, love it. Jehovah,s mouthpieces are

not use to be treated that way. Good for your husband.

Take you little cookies or cakes a shove them up your rear.

• Scott77
    Scott77

"He stayed inside and kept going about his business like they weren't even there...Maybe he didn't want them to see his beard!
    Julia Orwell

Your husband made a good statement by not seeing them and growing his beard. In my case, they happened to corner me as I was going to work.I deliberately ignored them. By visiting your abode of residence with invitation, they show an heightened level of arrogancy and disrepect. Thank you for taking care of them.

Scott77

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

Good news Julia!

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

They offer a package of cookies in exchange for your freedom and peace of mind.

What cheapskates! I'll bet those cookies weren't even homemade.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

That's awesome.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Thanks guys. When they left my husband asked if I was stressed because I normally stress out after they call or visit. I was fine this time as I'm getting more immune to them. Oh and my husband's growing his hair the way he likes it now, a bit Beatles-y in length rather than the Jw short back n sides. He still prays to 'Jehovah' so I'm not sure to what extent he still believes wt doctrine, but he hates them hassling me.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Julia,

If you type "beard" in the search section box on this JW net site, you may be surprised how much many of us have discussed them here. Its kind of liberation from Watchtower bondage for many of us.

Scott77

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yes I've .noticed that. My hubby always had facial hair of some sort before he was a Jw.

The biscuits are tim tams- irresistible! I'm eating them now lol. They left them with me and said I owe them a cup of coffee next time they come round.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit