So, my husband would not even meet the elders who just happened to drop by this morning.

by Julia Orwell 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Scott77
    Scott77

In this age of the internet, Its practically common to find people anywhere. Facebook is one it. Driver license record can be legally purchased for as little as $5. The Watchtower being a cult and paranoid at tracking its slaves, I would not rule out of their use of private detecting services to locate some individiuals.

Scott77

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Congratulations to you and your husband! Keep it up!

• flipper
    flipper

JULIA- Way to go hubby ! These boorish men don't deserve our time. Time is better spent on other positive activities. Like living our life ! Your husband is doing great ! Tell him we said so. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Flipper: Time is better spent on other positive activities.

Dusting is definitely a better way to spend time than talking to elders that only want to trap you.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yes there's been a few such visits. But I'm deliberately evasive on the issue, like I've been taught by my previous wt masters...here's a good one, the apostate issue was brought up by the previous elder who visited, and I told him since I'd been baptized as an Anglican when I was a baby I was technically an apostate from the Church of England! That stopped him. I think he was a little scared of me.

Heck, I even ran into a friend from the old cong at work and she began interrogating me! Shame one cannot be just friends without the whole 'tryin' t'save yo soul' element coming up all the time.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Hopefully they picked up on the fact that they were not welcomed and will not return.

• Scott77
    Scott77

"...the apostate issue was brought up by the previous elder who visited, and I told him since I'd been baptized as an Anglican when I was a baby I was technically an apostate from the Church of England! That stopped him..."
    Julia Orwell

Some people like me were already baptised in our previous 'apostate' churches then later we joined the 'truth' of the watchtower by getting 'baptised' again. How about you?

Scott77

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yes, that's me. I was baptized Anglican as a baby, grew up atheist, became a Jw n got baptized.

So people who change religion a lot would be considered mega apostates huh? Glad so-called evil 'Christendom' is so evil they don't shun or interrogate people who switch churches. I know I could walk into almost any of my local churches and be accepted as a Christian no matter who I got baptized with.

• Scott77
    Scott77

"Glad so-called evil 'Christendom' is so evil they don't shun or interrogate people who switch churches. I know I could walk into almost any of my local churches and be accepted as a Christian no matter who I got baptized with".
    Julia Orwell

Think about it. Individuals who are disfellowshiped technically are part of the world of Satan and even more worse than those who never become a JW slave. When such individuals returns back, they are not rebaptised. Instead, an annoucement is made to be reinstated. Is not that a contradiction or hypocrisy?

Scott77

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Good point! Imho though JWs have the whole baptism thing wrong anyway. The bible mentions it as symbolising repentance, as when john the baptist baptised in the Jordan begin Jesus came along, and then as a symbol of accepting Jesus. But JWs baptise like it's a business arrangement and you've made a 'dedication'. The bible never shows it as a dedication to God or anyone! But once you're baptized Jw, there's no way out; it's easier to get a divorce in Yemen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit