So, my husband would not even meet the elders who just happened to drop by this morning.

by Julia Orwell 59 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

It`s just an observation Julia Orwell from what you have stated , and not meanining to be picky , or judgemental ,but do you think you and your husband could work on your communication techniques ? or lack of them ? a bit better ? between each other ? Do you think you need to talk more openly together ? saying what you really feel ,without judging blaming one another for having a different veiwpoint ? My wife and I have been married over 50 years ,maybe that s something that comes with age , but I assure you honest communication is beneficial one way or the other,and sometimes it needs to be worked through.....just saying

From what you have said you dont seem to know how he thinks whats going on in his mind or where he is going with it .!

smiddy

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Come on down! We have a spare room.

Steve, you're dead right. I might put my own spin on your idea. It'll show how serious they really are...if they are. One has been waiting on Jehovah for decades and is not well...

• smiddy
    smiddy

Having said all that I truly hope everything works out for the both of you in a positive way.

smiddy

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

You're right smiddy, we can communicate on anything else in the world, but I don't know quite how to approach this one.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Thx smiddy, things seem to be going well. We're very happy and are having a great time :)

• steve2
    steve2

Julia, tell me about it. I've waited on Jehovah all my life and He still can't decide what to order. Meanwhile other patrons are in, fed and out whilst I wait and wait and wait to take His order. My boss says, you're a waiter - it's your job - one day He may order something really big, like something huge, or global even. Thank God there are other things to do whilst waiting on Jehovah...like having a life and enjoying it.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Enjoying life yes! I'm resurrecting my old teaching career, doing art, breeding birds, and not feeling guilty about any of it! My husband is able to pursue his interest in horticulture and film and technology...we're living life!

• *lost*
    *lost*

Julia - excellent news, so happy your happy

AArabia yes, they are being seen for what they are. stripped naked indeed.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

One of them I know is a really nice guy, a convert like me who's been in about the same length of time as i was. I really hope he wakes up. He hasn't been an elder that long.

• blondie
    blondie

Don't invite them in ever unless their car is on fire. Then just tell them you called the fire department if they say their phones don't work.

It's been 12 years and they finally seem to have stopped coming, not even the obligatory memorial drop in this year. Before that we never invited them in not even for a bathroom stop...we did have one elder put his foot in the door literally but my husband started shutting the door and he moved it away quickly. He yelled out are you saying that the organization is not led by God...we responded no you said that...last visit. But we are still greeted at stores and when we bump into jws other places. Fewer and fewer people ever knew us, some die, some move, some were little children or not born when we left. Hey, when "good" jws move, very few stay in contact, even if it was just to a nearby congregation...busy, too busy to pick up a phone or send a card. Out of sight, out of mind, eventually.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit