Whats the worst 'get-together' game you endured?

by Latte 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SYN
    SYN

JoelBear: I was extremely entertained @ that point... ROFLMFAO!!! Hehe! I would imagine so!
    Simon: If there was one thing that being a Dub was useful for, it was learning how to remember giant data sets with only minor differences between them. It's a piece of cake to remember huge API reference books now, after all my training in Dub(LA)Land...

I'm sure glad we don't vote anymore like we did before we got the truth. Now we get to complain about everything ALL the politicians do!
    [SYN], UADA - Unseen Apostate Directorate, Africa

• Xander
    Xander

we were always having ‘get-togethers’
    Honestly, we didn't do this too often. I came from a hall with a LOT of VERY spiritual older sisters who discouraged the 'moms' from wasting time throwing these parties - if they have that much time, they should be out in the ministry warning everyone about the end of the world!

(And, is socializing is that important, what better way than in the car, between doors, discussing your next presentation?) I get the feeling they might have been bitter they were single/unhappily married and wanted to make sure the next generation ended up that way, too....

4. Poor Kitty.
    !! That is...uhhh...based on a frat game, you know? The....uhhhh....details are a little different, though.....

one game was to pick a bible character, reveal the first letter of their name....
    We did that one in the cargroups between doors (as kids). Our congregation was in kind of a rural area, so between territores, it could easily be a 15-30 minute drive (which was another can of worms - since the territories were so far, the service overseer recommended calling on a house near the hall 'so you could start your time right away'!).

Anyway, anyone who grew up in the borg remember any other ways you kept yourselves busy in service?

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• joelbear
    joelbear

lets hear about the frat game, mitch is out of town, i need entertainment.

• LB
    LB

My wife went to a JW wedding shower. They played the spoon game. She came home and told me that we needed to throw those people a party fast.

We had many parties and they were always attended by the majority of the congregation. I think it was wholesome fun but the only game I remember playing was pictionary and it was a lot of laughs.

Of course there were always special needs talks about large gatherings, yet that never kept the elders from showing up at our parties.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• flower
    flower

THE worst jw gathering game ever was 'on my way to jeruselum'.

the first person said 'on my way to jeruselum, i took my YPA book (or whatever) and then the next person would say 'on my way to jeruselum i took my YPA book and my Proclaimers book and it would go around the room with each person having to remember all the books mentioned and then add their own.

sick stupid brainwashing game. boring as hell. i was usually playing my own game of 'i wonder what he looks like naked'.

flower

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

LOL@flower - that was funny you should win for most boring game ever...i liked your version better heee

Gopher - i think you win for the most torturous game so far, that sounded awful.

joelbear - i think u r right. so much depends on who was there.

I think spoons was one of the best "get-together" games ever. But then, I guess the version we used to play could have been called TACKLE-spoons. hehe. We also used to play football and soccer.

The main thing I hated about many get-togethers more recently was the "dresscode" and having to wear meeting clothes to avoid offending anyone. It just reeked (sp?) of "politics" and putting on an act. I resented not just being able to wear jeans or whatever was comfy for me.

SPAZ

• home_and_dry
    home_and_dry

Whenever I went to a 'get together' that was organised by anyone under 30, you could be sure they would play the balloon game and the orange game.

The balloon game involved all standing in two lines and passing a balloon from one to the other using only your knees to hold the balloon. The orange one was even better, passing an orange along the line by holding it under your chin.

I don't think anyone cared which line passed their balloon/orange the fastest, the real race started when the game was announced and everyone would run around frantically trying to make sure they were standing next to the Bro/Sis that they fancied. The only way to get some bodily contact with the object of your affection and not get into trouble for it!

We all make a mess of our lives from time to time
    It's part of the process that you stumble as you climb

• D8TA
    D8TA

Ha! You all at least HAD get togethers. I came from a congregation where some teenz had a get together when I was around 7 years old, and they screwed up royally for the rest of us. Oh, the typical 70's free sex n drugs teen JW get together that is. So as I got older, anytime any kid from 10 to 18 years of age even whispered "GET TOGETHER"...they dragged out that ONE freakin incident and nothing happened. That SUCKED royally, because I really wanted to know what all the sex n drugs were all about. :)~

D8TA

• sweetone2377
    sweetone2377

WE had all our get togethers outside. An elder in the congregation had a yard the size of a football field. We'd build a fire and have a BBQ, roast marshmellows. We'd play football, kickball, volleyball. Then we'd all go to the local high school for a game of basketball. These were almost always done on Saturdays. The day would end with the Watchtower study. Can you imagine it? The whole congregation (which was about 20 - 25 people including children) would be crammed into this guy's living room in a 12 foot wide trailor! Gave me an exuse to be really close to the cute brothers (there was only 3 of them). We would do this rain, snow, or shine.

I do remember one brother had a really rude obnoxious kid. At a memorial cleaning we tied her up to the sign in the parking lot for all passerbys to see. Now that was fun.

Shelly
    Former victim and recovering wonderfully from a broken spirit
    Smile, because we all have been freed from slavery!!

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster
    Ha! You all at least HAD get togethers. I came from a congregation where some teenz had a get together when I was around 7 years old, and they screwed up royally for the rest of us. Oh, the typical 70's free sex n drugs teen JW get together that is. So as I got older, anytime any kid from 10 to 18 years of age even whispered "GET TOGETHER"...they dragged out that ONE freakin incident and nothing happened. That SUCKED royally, because I really wanted to know what all the sex n drugs were all about. :)~

Tell me about it. Same with the "skating parties" of the 70's.

Slipnslidemaster:"I worked very hard and I earned all the attention I'm getting."
    - Anna Kournikova

Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit