Hello

by ctrwtf 32 Replies latest jw friends

• goatshapeddemon
    goatshapeddemon

Love the story. Same thing happened to my husband and I re: Adam and Eve. Many JWs don't realize the implications, but you are correct. The whole thing unravels.

• flipper
    flipper

CTRWTF- Welcome to the board ! It's nice to hear that you , your wife, and children have escaped this destructive mind control cult. Enjoyed reading your experience. Thanks for sharing

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Presiding Overseer - help the non-jw out... is that the position now called circuit overseer?

• Gopher
    Gopher

NeverKnew:

Presiding Overseer - the then-used name for the elder who presided over the body of elders in one congregation

Circuit Overseer - A travelling representative of the Watchtower Society, he keeps an eye on about 20 congregations in a "circuit", visiting them usually twice a year and making reports to the Society, recommending men for appointments, etc. He also oversees the annual "circuit assembly" where those 20 or so congregations come together to hear a pretty-much canned program prepared by the Society.

I've been out since 2000, if anyone who was in the organization in this century has any corrections to what I said, feel free to add them.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

ctrwtf...Hello and Welcome to JWN. It is a privilege to have you and your family with us.

Just Lois

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hello/Welcome ctrwtf and thanks for sharing your story. I am glad that you, your wife, and children were able to awaken from a dangerous cult.

The WTBTS is more of a propaganda printing and real estate management dangerous organization than a religion, because it uses BITE control techniques to victimize JWs.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• clarity
    clarity

Great to have you here Ctrwtf !

>

Amos77 ....welcome also. Awful to think of the

tears & grief the watchtower causes. So sorry.

clarity

• *lost*
  • LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hello CRLWTF - an official welcome to the board.

How wonderful that you, your wife and kids are free from the faith. It's so wonderful to hear people breaking free from them. No need to go gung ho and make it all public and why should you have too, you don't subscribe to their standards anymore.

• happy@last
    happy@last

Hi, thank you for sharing, its amazing what a hold it has on people, and still controls how they behave even after leaving. Grrrrrr!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit