Hello

by ctrwtf 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Great recount of an interesting life! Good to have people who can tell us ex rank n file what really went on behind the scenes at the hall.

Ps about that wt with the nasty message, I'd send it back saying, 'I'm really gonna miss you there too ...' But it might get the familials off side. Oh, I bless my family that they never converted! Thank God I was the only one.

Keep up with the cool writings! I like your style.

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

Thanks for sharing. I agree with you on the silent fade.

I ran into an old friend recently that had the short term triumph of telling off an elder. That was years ago he said... still disfellowshipped. All his family in it... the consequences have lasted for years. Probably not worth it for most people.

• Heaven
    Heaven

ctrwtf, wow... so glad your family exited too. That is wonderful.

Sadly, I still have some extended family still in and as a family we prefer to not make our stand public. This is perhaps the most destructive aspect of this religion. People you love base their love for you on whether or not you go to meetings regularly.

I never got baptized but my extended family only contacts us when 'necessary family business' needs to be done. We also lost a cousin who died because she refused a blood transfusion after a very bad car accident. She left behind a husband and 3 children. My Uncle was disfellowshipped. Then about a year later, they DF'ed the elders who DF'ed my Uncle, but they wouldn't re-instate my Uncle. This religion is hurting and killing people.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Out in the mid 1960's with my pioneer partner........ serving where the need was great! Still together, My son was born after we were out and we have three grandchildren none of whom would understand a word you said re the organization. Which is just the way we like it! Back in the day we had a Presiding minister, and assn't presiding minister. A Bible study Servant, A ministry School Servant, Book Study Servants, etc. Somewhere along the way the society went from the word Servant to Overseer. Somewhere along the way they lost what little humanity they had. Looking back it was a total waste of time, but if I had to do it over I'd do it again because of my wife and son.

• JWB
    JWB

ctrwtf, thanks for sharing your story.

"Our hand may be forced because my wife's mother recently sent her a Watchtower with the back handed threat that she will miss her daughter in the new system."

Yes, emotional blackmail can be very powerful.

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

ctrwtf,

Thanks for sharing your story. It takes a great deal of courage to "come out of the lurking closet". We are more than happy to become your extended family.

My husband was a second generation born-in, elder, PO, temp bethelite. I converted in my teens. Unfortunately our children were grown and married with children of their own before we began to learn TTAT. O well, what's past is past. We look ahead to making new friends, you know those who don't put any conditions on accepting you.

When my husband temped at Bethel he came back puzzled why there were so many buildings standing empty while they were still spending money to maintain them. Why weren't they being used if the message was so urgent? Ha ha! We all know the answer to that. There is no Armageddon, hence no urgency, just old men trying to hang on to their publishing company.

My husband too questioned the flood story. So I volunteered to research for him. What I found convinced him that not only was the religion wrong but the Bible as well.

Keep posting and keep fading. And good luck!

Reopened Mind

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hi, ctrwtf. How great it is to have your best friend at your side, and to leave together! It speaks volumes to your mutual maturity. I predict a great future for you and your children.

Your wife, wicked? I hope, only in bed.

Enjoy your new life.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

When was the Finished Mystery studied at the bookstudy level?

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

wow great to meet you!

I look forward to many awesome life experiences I'm sure!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Outsmart, I think our friend CTRWTF was referring to the book that came out entitled from memory "Now is Finished the Mystery of God" or some such Freddie Franz painful title.

before that was"Babylon the Great has fallen, God's Kingdom rules" another FF title, which only dealt with some of the chapters of Revelation, the other one dealt with the chapters not covered.

Both are as looney as anything by Russell of course, but written long after his death, in the 1960's ????

Welcome CTRWTF !!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit