Do any of you know of a religion that does not believe in the Trinoity?

by orbison11 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

This is a christian church that does not belive in the trinity. I find him very interesting to listen to. (You can download old radio shows on .mp3) or read the article on the attached link:

http://www.21stcr.org/multimedia-2011/1-articles/sf-trinity_defined_refuted.html

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I believe Jesus Christ is God (Ho Theos), but believing this is not a salvation issue. One can believe in the Trinity but not know God or Christ. It's perhaps what they were taught but there is no relationship involved. It's not believing Jesus is God that saves; it's treating Jesus like God that saves; honoring Him as we do the Father, calling on Him for salvation, sharing with Him our cares, receiving Him, whose name alone under heaven can save.

Jesus invites us into personal relationship with Himself. "Come unto Me and I will give you rest"...salvation, forgiveness, righteousness, holiness and life eternal.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

john 8 :24 unless you believe that "i am" will you die in your sins(ex 3:14)

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Most religions don't. Do you mean Christian churches? I would look up arianism in wikipedia. Unitarians don't. The Trinity was controversial when adopted. Reading history I found that very large sections of Europe were arian or an off-branch. The good Christians killed each other. If you read about Trinity in wikipedia, there will be a link to the technical term for the opposite of the Trinity. I cant recall the proper words.

I do recall from college that some churches are Adoptionist. Jesus is not incarnate. He is born human but evolves or is so righteous that God adopts Him as a son. It may be adopt him as son.

I know JW vs. Catholic vs. Anglican. It is hard for me to grasp Western Church v. Eastern Church v. Middle Eastern Church v. denomination of Protestanism that stemmed from Martin Luther's reforms.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I do not believe in the Trinity as propounded by the Athanasian Creed. I do believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, but not coeval with God Almighty. It is one of the doctrines from the Witnesses I retained after I left the cult.

Quendi

• barry
    barry

I forgot to mention many of the early Seventh Day Adventists came from a church called The Christian Connection a church which doesn't exist today. The Christian connection didn't accept the trinity and a SDA George Knight a PHD wrote an artical and said many of the early Adventists couldn't join the church today because they didn't believe the trinity. Men such as Uriah Smith and early theologyn and James Springer White Ellen Whites husband were Arians from the christian connection. Barry

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Buddhism, Hinduism, Shinto, Pastafarianism.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Orbison11, what is your goal? Are you trying to figure out how that Trinitarian stuff works to decide whether it's truth for you or not?

It's really not that scary once you get it.

....or have you decided to ditch the whole concept and look for a church that is non-Trinitarian. :)

Which are you saying...

• Satanus
    Satanus

Pantheists aren't trinitarian. They think everything is god.

S

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

It might be easier to state which religions believe in the Trinity. I thought the classic formula is St. Athanisus' Creed.

Your question implies that you have a personal interest? The Trinity is a concept in people's minds. No one here can truly know whether it is accurate or not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit