Do any of you know of a religion that does not believe in the Trinoity?

by orbison11 40 Replies latest jw friends

• orbison11
    orbison11

i have such internal conflict on the trinity,,,i do not believe it,,,i dont know if it is jw brainwashing

or if logically thinking applies here

help :)

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Christadelphians. There are more, can't recall which just now.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

The Muslims, JWs, the Jews, and I'm not sure about the Unitarian Church. Webster says they do not believe in the Trinity. You'll have to make a list of the pros and cons, for and against, and decide for yourself. There's a few interesting books on the origin of monotheism on Amazon. Its development was unusual because of the majority of nations being polytheistic. Amongst the Egyptians, it was only Akhenathon that would introduce the concept to his people.

Interestingly, the Jews had many religions, quite a few of them including a trinity. Yahwistic worship became the state religion, so the others were suppressed, but they kept on existing, especially amongst the northern Israelites. The southerners had Jerusalem and the temple, but even some of their kings deviated.

• dozy
  • dozy
    dozy

Sorry - mispost. Yeah - the Unitarians http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unitarianism are one group. The Mormons are another , though they have evolved quite a novel concept.

When I was an elder , a sister invited me to a meeting with a church minister & we debated the trinity for a couple of hours. Worst mistake I ever made - I was toast. The guy knew all the WTBTS misquotations and knew his Hebrew & Greek well. ( The Catholics published a brochure detailing a lot of the misquotes in the Trinity brochure. )

JW facts discusses some of the issues here http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/trinity.php but as ever - choose what you want. Personally it is all a bit academic to me now.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Why not start at the beginning ?

Is there a God ?

If there were to be, and proof has to be solid, would he be the god of the bible ?

If you answer those questions using reason, and evidence that will stand the scrutiny of non-believers, you will not even have to consider the "truth", or not, of the Trinity.

• barry
    barry

The Seventh Day Adventists originally didn't believe in the trinity doctrine even up until the 1950s much of official literature was Arian. Today the official position is the belief in the trinity but their many independant SDA ministries that believe in Arianism. They believe the official church has apostacised in believing the trinity and they call it the omega of apostacy because Ellen White predicted of an apostacy involving the personality of Jesus Christ. Barry

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Thanks Barry, I didn't know that. That's probably where Russel got his ideas from, like many others.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

There's always Bible Students too, if you can any actual living specimens in your area.

• ilikecheese
    ilikecheese

Quite honestly, I don't think many churches that aren't crazy fundamental would have a problem with you not believing in it. Most churches are more open to debate and differing opinions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit