JW visit

by laverite 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• laverite
    laverite

Hello all,

For some reason my neighborhood gets worked over by the JWs constantly. They are here every week going up and down the streets. It's a comfortable, safe neighborhood with nice houses. I can see why they would concentrate here. It's easy. Also, mostly all professionals and no one is at home daytimes. Because of my schedule and the kind of work I do, I work from home during the summer months.

When they knock (softly) I always answer. It's usually different people every time. I pretty much always say the same thing -- that I have heard of their religion, and I am well aware of their many failures. Usually they just say "Have a nice day" and run off. Today, the older woman (accompanied by a younger woman) shot back that no one knows the day or the hour. I looked at her like -- hey, can you hear yourself talk?

She then told me they look for signs based on what the Bible says -- earthquakes being the example she gave. She said she had a background in science, and knows that earthquakes are happening at a much increased rate. I then said, "Well, come on in and sit down and let's talk." Her response was: "No, we don't think that would be appropriate. We can send a man." I told her, that would be fine, "Go ahead and send a man." I doubt anyone will show up.

As they left, I did say one more thing: "It seems that as soon as someone wants to talk to you, you want run off. That doesn't send a very good message about what you have to say, now does it?"

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

OMG. This is true Witness crazy. In fairness, I only knew a few such types. What a way to win friends and influence people!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My brother wirks from home. He says he's been getting quite a few visits from the jws. He thinks it because he's been too nice and the jws think they have a foot in the door. His wife and MIL won't open the door if they know jws are in the other side. Which is funny cuz there are big windows by the front door and folks in the outside can see if anyone is home. I told my brother I have a no soliciting sign that includes jws.

• laverite
    laverite

HAHA. Love it Mrs Jones.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

It will be interesting to observe if they "miss" your house for a few weeks or months or if they really will send a man.

I don't like surprise visits. I am usually doing or concentrating on something and for someone to just knock on my door and want to talk about their religion in hopes of converting me, I find to be a major turn off. Funny how reading Ray's C of C a year ago, has turned me into a totally different person. I think now. lol

Just Lois

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Just got a call from the hubby who's out of town visiting friends. He's at a hospital with a friend and just got approached by a female jw. Jws troll hospitals now?

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I bet she was probably visiting someone, but might as well get some time in with all these visitors! To her it's like working an apt bldg on a rainy day.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My hubby is at Kaiser in Oakland. He's been there for a couple of hours now. The jw lady is walking back and forth just outside the hospital doors. It's a fairly busy hospital. I doubt she's there visiting a friend. Sounds more like she's solely counting time.

• moshe
    moshe
    No, we don't think that would be appropriate. We can send a man." I told her, that would be fine, "Go ahead and send a man."

I would have said-- "you got a cellphone?- call that man right now and let me talk to him"- but you are right, the JWs run away from anyone they even suspect is loaded with ammo to shoot their religion down.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JW`s are the only people I know of,who knock on your door to tell you..

They can`t Talk to You..

photo 10_1_138.gif

....................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif... OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit