JW visit

by laverite 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I can understand why the may not have wanted to come in from a safety perspective. I never liked going into a stranger's house when invited, without a bloke present. If I did, I would stay standing. Not a good guest you might say or good witness, but I always thought of my safety.

And they probably didn't want to talk about something out of their little zone. Funny though, round here if a Jw gets a person at home willing to talk, they stay there for an hour! It was always such a buzz to get someone home, let alone wanting to talk to you.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Lav priceless...

• laverite
    laverite

Julia - I certainly understand being cautious. It's important, and better safe than sorry. I do want to be clear that I am always polite, but I still try to keep it real by putting out there what I want to say. They always want to run off. Next time, I'm going to pull Outlaw's quote out and say something like: "JWs are the only people I know of who go around knocking on doors only to say that you can't talk to them." :)

CB - I try to always be polite and friendly but I do say what I think. I know you can appreciate that. I don't mince words, but I still keep it polite and friendly. It's almost as if the response I seem to be getting is "He knows too much and he's on to us. Let's get out of here."

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"He knows too much and he's on to us. Let's get out of here."

That is exactly what happens, not perhaps always a conscious thought, but certainly a "feeling" the JW will get when Cognitive Dissonance increases to painful levels due to your words.

Well done, seeing what fun you had makes me wish, (almost), that I was not on the DNC list.

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

Jw's are such cry babies. as soon as you step up to the plate aND contradict them. they run like scared sheep. they have no idea what they are preaching. I eat them alive in large groups. I kick their asses so bad they don't even know what happened to them. And I get Pleasure, making any jw look like BUMMBLING IDIOTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DID GOOD WORK.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Jehovahs witnesses only want to meet with people who have no Idea about the bible or their beleifs , once they realise you know more than they do you become a DNC.

They now bypass my house

smiddy

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

Immediate possible comments when you were out of earshot:

"He's too smart for the truth"

or

"He's already living in his paradise" (you mentioned you are in a nice neighbourhood)

• laverite
    laverite

Hey everyone, I got another JW visit today. The first in 19 days based on the original post date to this thread. They seem to be much more regular around here than a 19 day absence. Hmmm...Anyway, here's how it unfolded:

For the first time in more time than I can remember, we were having a slow relaxing morning. My children were actually calm(ish), letting me do some relaxing (as a parent with young children, this is rare) which actually took the form of having an extra cup of tea and chilling out a bit.

So I was getting some much needed down time, when the kids start screaming that someone rang the doorbell. We have a large home, and I cannot hear the doorbell at all when I am in my master living and bedroom zone uptstairs. So I ran downstairs in a t-shirt and my underwear (!!!), looked out and could see it was the witnesses. I opened the door, hiding my underwear clad self behind the door, letting them know I wasn't available right now and just shut the door. My hair looked mad scientist crazy, I hadn't shaved yet, and wasn't dressed appropriately to answer the door. Ugh. Can anyone say Karma? I mean, I know I seriously deserve this for all the people I have disturbed in their homes by ringing the bell at an ungodly hour. So after closing the door, I just said to myself: "Yep, totally deserved this!!"

Well to relate this back my OP, the Friends TM who showed up were a Brother TM who looked to be in his 70s along with a MUCH younger Sister TM of a different ethnicity. The reason I mention her ethnicity is that I immediatley thought, "Hey, I bet her picked her out at an international District Convention TM ! Sounds bad to think that, but I've seen that sort of thing before. Anyway, back to my story. He had a tract, I could see that. But I really didn't give them a chance to talk. It was kind of disappointing because I'd love to chat with them a bit for fun. I know it won't go any place, but it would be nice to feign ignorance, and ask some hard questions.

We went 19 days without a visit. I don't know if they are back due to what I expressed previously (or stayed away for 19 days because of it!!) but they are constantly working this street, year in and year out. It's as if they have discovered this street, decided they really like it and have committed thorougly to it. Other streets and territories aren't getting worked like this one. Probably because it's the one street where no one is ever at home! When they ring the bell, you know you have a good long 5 or 10 minutes to answer because they will be there waiting for you. They work this street slowly. It can take a few hours. Bless their hearts.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Three weeks is a crazy short period for them to be working the territory, unless you are a RV, which is sounds like you are not based on the new folks coming by.

I'd really be tempted to tell the local congo to put you on the do not call list, unless you wanna have fun with them

• laverite
    laverite

Lost Gen - I should actually just have them put me on the DNC list and get it over with. (19 days is a LONG time to not have them here on this street; they work the street every week!!!).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit