I have just published my first book. ( consequences to follow )

by sieborg 35 Replies latest jw friends

• sieborg
    sieborg

Hi band on the run. No I have not taken an classes. I tried to think of an original idea and thrashed the story out over the last nine months.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

I like your scary cover and that you wrote it in the future. 2017, 2018.

Just Lois

• sieborg
    sieborg

The church yard on the cover is where William Bradford was baptized. it is quie near where I live

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Sieborg, How cool is that. I just Googled the church and it says a small congo meets there weekly. Cool - cool - cool.

It would be so fun to go to "church" there. Imagine Xmas services or Easter services.

Just Lois

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

How did you make the cover?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I agree with laverite. Lots of editing and rewriting needed for a good product. I write non-fiction, and I work with the world's largest textbook publisher. They send the manuscript out for review, and I have to rewrite it with the reviews in mind. Then they send it to an editor and I have to rewrite it with the editor's corrections in mind. Generally 4 to 6 revisions. Sometimes more. Makes for an excellent product.

I recommend paying a professional editor to read your book and correct it. They not only correct spelling and grammar, they also can let you know where it doesn't make sense,where there are needless repetitions, contradictions and other errors.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I looked at my college and law school papers the other day. My college professors barely provided any feedback. I see errors they did not find. The grade was lovely but law school taught me how to edit. I don't do it here. Obviously. Editorial expertise prob. costs a lot of money. You have to pay attention to so many things, including content and flow.

I learned how to proofread at the law firm. They had a large proofreading department before Word. One person reads the content and the other person looks at the actual document. It is very difficult to proof read with accuracy if you wrote the document. I read what I believed was on the page ,rather than what was. Word does not pick up words that are legitimate words in Englilsh. If I must proofread a document, I try to focus on something else for a few hours or a day. One day makes a big difference for me.

Good for your courage. Did you have fun? I lack creativity to do it.

• sieborg
    sieborg

Thanks for all your comments. I will take them all onboard and learn from it. I did enjoy the writing process, watching the characters that I cunjured up in my imagination come to life and develop through the story. I have asked some friends I know to read it and give me a honest opinion of the book. thanks.

• Deceived
    Deceived

Sieborg, good for you writing a book, congratulations. I got the kindle version so will take a look at it later today.

• sieborg
    sieborg

Hi decieved thanks for support. hope you enjoy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit