I have just published my first book. ( consequences to follow )

by sieborg 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Mum
    Mum

Thanks, laverite. In the 7th grade, on a spelling quiz, I spelled "judgment" as "judgement." My teacher marked it wrong, so I looked it up in the dictionary, where it showed both spellings. My teacher explained that "judgement" is the British spelling. I need to take a British spelling course.

• laverite
    laverite

I've lived in both countries. I'm from the US but lived years in the UK. :)

• laverite
    laverite

I see you are in Tunisia, Mum. I'd love to go there! So jealous!!!!

• sieborg
    sieborg

I think i need to clarify. I am British and I tried to write the book from the viewpoint of Ben Carter who is American. Damn the English language. At school they thought that I was dyslexic. Sorry.

• laverite
    laverite

Sieborg, this is why having a good editor is so essential. I write. I publish books with a big name (e.g. really big) publisher. I am writing a new book this summer. They clean up a lot. I work with an acquisitions editor, a developmental editor, a copy editor.... and a bunch of other editors. If I didn't have them, it would be a mess.

• sieborg
    sieborg

Thanks for the advice.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Great Sieborg! I'm tickled pink you got a book published. As having been there myself and knowing what I know now. Just tell the Elders to take a hike and quit being STORMTROOPERS!

In case you haven't seen what happened over my book, here's the link. Enjoy!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/251651/1/NEW-video-on-Youtube-MUST-SEE-the-elders-meeting-is-ridiculous

Wish you all the best!

NE

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Bradord is hardly a Founder of the United States. I believe he was governor of the Massachusetts Bay Colony or the Pilgrims. He was within a handful of colonial leaders in America and a giant in Massachusetts. The Founding Fathers and Mothers of the United States participated in the Revolutionary War and ratification of the Constitution, almost one hundred years later.

May I ask if you took writing classes to complete your novel?

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Oh Sieborg...I am so thrilled for you! or and and 3 Gold Stars, because they are pretty .

Just Lois

• therevealer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit