'Equal Topless Rights For All' public equality comes to NYC

by designs 15 Replies latest social current

• designs
    designs

Women gained some ground this week when the NYPD said they will no longer arrest women who choose to go topless (like the guys) in public.

http://www.policy.com/articles/42359/topless-women-in-public-not-breaking-the-law-says-nypd

San Francisco and Fremont California have had the annual Naked Bike Ride and Solstice Festivals for a few years now.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I'm all for it.

• zeb
    zeb

raise your cups in support..

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Zeb, bra cups, or cups to drink liquid from??

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

I definately would be all for this if it wasn't for a certain image of old girls at the Lillith Fair emblazoned on my mind.

That was years ago.

Emblazoned.

• designs
    designs

The healthier aspects of these secular changes is that Women, in the USA, will finally be able to breast feed in public places without fear of arrest or harassment. In some conservative religious areas there will be pushback but slowly we are ridding ourselves of our puritanical origins.

• rebel8
    rebel8

It's been legal for years to go topless on NYS property. I only ever saw 1 lady at a beach, sitting discreetly behind a bush.

The link is broken...

• JeffT
    JeffT

Fremont California

That would be Fremont, a neighborhood in Seattle.

• designs
    designs

Interesting about NYS in liberal California there are clothing optional beaches where the Lifeguards simply don't arrest but it hasn't gained legal status.

• DesirousOfChange

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit