'Equal Topless Rights For All' public equality comes to NYC

by designs 15 Replies latest social current

• BU2B
    BU2B

I too live in New York, one of the few states that women can legally be topless anywhere a man can. I have NEVER seen a woman excercise this right. Although legal, I think the social pressure not to is too high. Also I suspect many police departments may not know the law, make an arrest or harrass a topless woman, and most women do not want to go through this. Also, I am sure most women do not want to attract the ire of American parents, or prudish people, nor want men forming crowds around them. Ironically I have been to the Dominican Republic, and there in Punta Cana, although toplessness is techically illegal, there are at least 20-30% toplessness on the beaches there.

• designs
    designs

Its where the power of choice rests. Europe's beaches are casual about clothing options.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

It's about time!

• frankiespeakin
  • notjustyet
    notjustyet

Hey are there any potholes on that bike route?

NJY

• designs
    designs

When our kids were born nursing at the Kingdom Hall became a controversy. Where to nurse. We had a lot of babies in our KH at the same time and the back couple of rows in the main hall would be mother's with their babies and the mothers would nurse with blankets or shawls over their shoulders. Everything was great for a short while. The occaissional boob slip, a baby takes the blanket and flings it, and sounds of sucking got to some of the friends. Now the nursing wars started. Prudes didn't like nursing in the main hall, and sometimes a brother would sneak a peak. The elders laid down laws and the sisters were crowded into the second school to nurse, hot cramped and folding chairs it wasn't working. The ladies bathroom had a shelf and bench built, a bench, you can imagine the feedback the Elders got on that one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit