WT August 15, 2013 QFR - Sitting next to a disfellowshipped child at meetings

by Designer Stubble 70 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

Minor based on the law of their land. In the US under 18.

The term "age of majority" is used.

http://www.youthrights.net/index.php?title=Age_of_majority

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"...As indicated on pages 19 and 20 of the November 15,1988, issue of The Watchtower..."

In JW World this is called "research".

Read something in a WT mag. For confirmation, read the same thing in an older WT magazine. See, we're right! because we say we're right.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Yet, another 'update' from WT in this article rather than an apology for decades of misinformation on this topic.

Proverbs 29:20 comes to mind: 'Have you beheld a man (GB of the WTBTS) hasty with his words? There is more hope for someone stupid than for him.'

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

This makes me sick!! This is child abuse with out a doubt. I have never agreed with children getting baptized even when i was in because they are too young to understand what they are truly agreeing to. This was one of the things that really opened my eyes to TTATT. One of my best friends teenage daughter was disfellowshipped and treated terribly and I just didn't agree with what happened and it woke me up. I have seen too many children disfellowshipped and they have terrible emotional problems for years to come. I will never understand how they think this is what Jesus would do. It is such a dangerous cult and this is one of the reasons why.

• steve2
    steve2

• ADVICE TO UNBAPTIZED JW CHILDREN ON HOW TO AVOID BEING DISFELLOWED IN ONE SIMPLE STEP:
    • DON'T GET BAPTIZED...EVER.
  • brinjen
    brinjen

Isn't it the Elders who have the final say on whether a child is baptised or not? So, basically the difference betwen a shunned child and an acceptable child is whether or not those Elders saw that child fit for baptism... and if those Elders were to apply those standards to themselves when they were teens (for the born-ins at least anyway) they themselves should have been shunned then as well.

• amos77
    amos77

Steve2, Couldn't agree more. My sister was baptised at 13 along with all her girl friends. I was too. She left her husband and had an affair with a married man and then started living with him, along with smoking and drinking. She and my mother pleaded with the elders that she was not in a fit state of mind when she was baptized (too young and the frontal lobe not well enough developed) and her baptism was declared invalid, (is that like the Pope declaring a marriage Annulment ?) - so she was able to associate with JWs as she pleased. This reminds me of Islamic law on theft. If you steal something and take it through a door, you get your hand cut off. If you break, enter and steal but throw it out through a window to a waiting friend, nothing will happen! I was very happy for her that she could still be with the family. We should all plead insanity to save DF. It is the Decree of the elders that stops people associating with you, not what you have done or not done.

• venetian
    venetian

The whole article is ridiculous. Can't believe they even made this a subject for print! Oh hang on, yes I can

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

What venetian said. It's almost as lame as the QFR in 2003, "Is it wrong to take the life of a very sick or old pet?" It does make you wonder why the WTS believes the r&f has to be 'babied' through these non-dilemmas.*

*We know why.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

They have said in print : WT 1955 7/1 p 411

Therefore, baptism of infants or small children under the age of responsibility is unchristian and should not be indulged in.
    What is "under the age of responsibility"? Most reasonable people would say that children are below that age. One has to be baptized in order to be disfellowshipped so how come they are discussing this QFR? We know that in reality they have not maintained this stance. The congregations just want numbers to impress the C/O and are more than happy to allow youngsters to commit their lives to a way of life that they cannot yet comprehend......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit