WT August 15, 2013 QFR - Sitting next to a disfellowshipped child at meetings

by Designer Stubble 70 Replies latest watchtower bible

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

To have a policy where a minor sits next to their parent at the meeting (or in fact in any context or situation in life) but they are not permitted to talk to each other or otherwise act in a normal, humane way toward each other that would naturally be expected of a normal parent-child relationship, and for others to be offended by it and have to write such a QFR, just shows how sick this organisation is along many of its brainwashed and de-sensitized adherents.

This kind of thing always produces ambivalent feelings in me. It mostly saddens and angers me that it this is continuing to go on unrepentantly in the organisation and how people are truly suffering because of it, particularly children and minors; but it also reinforces how right I was in leaving such a heartless and fanatical cult, that prefers cruel, legalistic policies based on twisted, gnat-squeezing, camel-gulping interpretations of scripture at the expense of the higher principles of love, justice mercy, etc.

God I am so glad I left that nasty religion, and with my head held high with no regrets for doing so, and I can only hope that more and more will have the courage to the same.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

Excellent comment yadda - my thoughts exactly. Blondie thanks for your quotes.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

I simply can not read that shit anymore... I stopped after the second paragraph... it is al so ******* doctrinal it pisses me off big time

Besides... even the QUESTION itself is irritating! It probably gets asked much by people to even make it in the mag!

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

What a sick,twisted cult.

Bangalore

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

By now we should all be aware that the QFR section currently hasn't got questions from actual readers, but solely questions put in there by the Writing Department themselves.

Eden

• stillin
    stillin

What a merciful arrangement! I can sit with my kids! Now THAT'S balance!

• zeb
    zeb

concern about being in the car when he drives to the kh.? How weak are these people that they have to have every thing sorted for them in rules and writings. Just like the Pharisees.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

. . . Nevada

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

A disfellowshipped CHILD! A MINOR who is SHUNNED by EVERYONE they know including their MOM, DAD and Siblings.

And they write this without blinking an eye.

This while the Awake of January 8, 1947 explains that disfellowshipment is unscriptural.Or the August 1, 1974 WT with a compassionate viewpoint. Destructive pharisee CULT with no love, compassion or natural affection. Inhumane!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

This magazine has made every effort
    to encourage Christian parents to
    provide spiritual help to their disfellowshipped
    child who is still living at home
    if it seems fitting to do so

When would it ever NOT be "fitting" to provide spiritual help (or any other kind of help) to your children?

WT nitwits!!!

They should just take it further and say, "parents may provide food and water for their DF child living at home- if it seems fitting to do so".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit