Proof of a Spirit World? The Scole experiments

by universaltruth 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

I don't believe there will ever be demonstable proofs of anything religious from a scientific standpoint. There may be evidence, but believers will always find reasons for believing and non-believers will always find ways of rejecting evidence.

Having just watched about half the video posted above by Witness My Fury, I cannot judge such things unless I know some of the principals or are able to question them at length. Manipulation comes in many ways and if I'm watching something that's trying to convince me that something is true, I don't want a bunch of music that sounds like it came from Elvira, Mistress of Darkness. Someone could produce such a video and then, at the end, say, "Hey, April's Fools!"

Years ago, the Amazing Kreskin was challenged by the mayor of San Francisco to deliver a message. He wrote an address, picked at random, on a piece of paper. Then he took the paper and a few sheets under it on the pad, folded it up in a sheet of aluminum foil, then put it in an envelope and sealed it with a wax seal. Kreskin took up the challenge, but the mayor didn't want to give off any signals, so he gave the envelope to his executive assistant and, together with a police official, sent them off to deliver it.

Kreskin then set out and, not very familiar with the city, simpy gave "turn here" or "turn there" directions. As they got close to the waterfront, Kreskin exited the car and walked up and down a street. Finally, facing one house, he paused, then raced up the steps and knocked on the door. In a few seconds, a bemused man answered and looked at the group. "Yeah," he said.

"I think this is for you," Kreskin said and handed him the envelope. The guy broke the seal, saw the address and said, "So? This is my address." And then they told him the story.

Now I know Kreskin doesn't have ESP. He's admitted such, though he's been able to do some "amazing" things. Was the major in on it? Did Kreskin have a confederate in that particular house? One who he could visit regardless of the address in the note and then exchange? Or did someone in the car who wasn't supposed to know, but did, tip him off? I don't know how he does these things, but he has even convinced skeptics that he has some incredible abilities. I've also been impressed by Derren Brown, a British mentalist. Brown can convince people to take blank paper as money, pay winnings on worthless bets and yet he claims 1) he doesn't use stooges, and 2) he's not a psychic. But he, too, could convinced hard nose skeptics that he did have such powers if he chose. In one of his shows, the camera shows a public phone ringing. A man walks by, picks up the phone and says, "Hello?" He listens for a few seconds, then collapses. After a few minutes he revives, stands up, hangs up the phone and walks away. Seconds after the guy has left the frame, the phone rings again and the show ends. (You can get his six shows from Amazon.com in .mp3 format, and they're astounding. My favorite is where he makes the sun disappear in the middle of a desert in Episode 6.) You can also get some of Kreskin's early shows.

• Witness My Fury

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit