Proof of a Spirit World? The Scole experiments

by universaltruth 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• universaltruth
    universaltruth

I just had to share something I found fascinating and faith building. I know it's not specifically related to the topic of this forum but I think it would be useful to anyone lacking faith in a spirit world and a God such as those who have been stumbled by false religion.

I do not personally believe that the existence of complex life provides evidence of a creator as evolutionists have done a very good job at explaining how life has evolved into the complex forms that exist today.

So instead I’ve looked to the supernatural to provide me with evidence of a spirit world. If I can prove to myself that a spirit world exists, this would provide sufficient evidence for the existence of a God, since it is reasonable to assume that one cannot exist without the other.

Without dabbling in the occult myself I have carried out research into the paranormal and I am always keen to watch documentary’s that provide convincing evidence and credible eye witness testimony.

One such documentary which was aired on TV can now be watched on youtube. Hopefully I succeeded in embedding the youtube video correctly in this post.

Most of the public know nothing about the scole experiments but scientists and investigators that witnessed these experiments have described them as the best evidence yet for a spirit world or life after death.

For five years mediums, investigators and scientists witnessed more phenomena than in any other experiment in the history of the paranormal, including recorded conversations with the dead, written messages on sealed film, levitation and teleportation of objects, video of spirit faces and even spirit forms materializing.

Many of these events occurred in the mid-1990s in a cellar of a house in a tiny English village of Scole. The scole experimental group who conducted these experiments consisted of Diana and Alan Bennett, two of Britain’s most accomplished mediums as well as organisers Robin and Sandra Foy.

It was witnessed by hundreds of visitors and monitored by a team of internationally renowned scientists and investigators. The scientific team in charge of overseeing these experiments include world renowned Cambridge Scientist - Dr. Rupert Sheldrake, Professor David Fontana and Researcher Montague Keen who died during the filming of the documentary. Professor David Fontana stated that his experiences "changed his paradigm" and that you see miracles during these sittings.

What they claim to have seen and recorded is so shocking that many will find it unbelievable.

For example one experiment included the dematerialization and materialization of a physical object. In an experiment that the spirits used to demonstrate what happens to the physical body after death Professor Arthur Ellison (Professor of engineering and one of the investigators) was asked by a spirit to pick up a large crystal which had levitated onto a table right in front of his face. The crystal was a physical object with mass that he held in his hand. The spirit then asked Ellison to place the object back on the surface and then pick it up again. To his astonishment the crystal had dematerialized and only its form was visible, appearing like a hologram with no density or mass. Without moving the crystal then re-materialized into a physical object which could then be picked up again. This particular experiment was used by the spirits to provide an analogy of what happens to the physical body after death when the spirit or essence of that person is left behind.

I think the spookiest thing I watched in the following documentary were the spirit faces recorded onto a video tape. In this particular experiment a fresh, sealed video tape was opened and placed inside a video camera. The video camera was then left on record facing a wall inside the cellar where the mediums would gather. Nothing out of the ordinary appears until the video tape is played back. What can be seen are both human and non-human faces on the tape.

Of course sceptics are going to try and counter such evidence but no sceptic so far has reproduced any of the phenomena that occurred in these experiments. Even a professional magician who witnessed some of the experiments admitted that he could not reproduce any of the phenomena.

The video is around one and a half hours long so I recommend you watch it when you have time and watch it from beginning to end. If you’re easily scared don’t watch it before going to bed. Check out the creepy images between 0:48:00 and 0:51:00 and tell me what you think of the non-human faces that appear on the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qSEi_sfaSU

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    So instead I've looked to the supernatural to provide me with evidence of a spirit world. If I can prove to myself that a spirit world exists, this would provide sufficient evidence for the existence of a God, since it is reasonable to assume that one cannot exist without the other.

Why is it reasonable to assume this?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Try some skeptical thinking on for size:

The Scole Experiment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediumship

Take note of the sheer amounts of fraud and fakery involved in these activities....

• universaltruth
    universaltruth

A spirit world wouldn't necessary prove the existence of spirit God but I think it would provide hard evidence. It would at least make it much more conceivable than to believe that the material world is all there is.

• universaltruth
    universaltruth

I've already read those links... The fact is the sceptics can't reproduce the phenomena that was witnessed during the scole experiments and these experiments were witnessed by sceptics themselves who became believers.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

You are still linking the two things together when there is no link at all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_thinking

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Then your evidence bar is set far too low...

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Marked to read later.

Thanks!!

• cofty
    cofty

Before you can give any credibility to the Scole Experiment you need to deal honestly with all of the crticisms of it, such as the specific points raised in the sceptoid.com article WitnessMyFury linked for you.

the investigators imposed little or no controls or restrictions upon the mediums, and at the same time, agreed to all of the restrictions imposed by the mediums. The mediums were in control of the seances, not the investigators. What the Scole Report authors describe as a scientific investigation of the phenomena, was in fact (by any reasonable interpretation of the scientific method) hampered by a set of rules which explicitly prevented any scientific investigation of the phenomena.

You may want to do some research on the work of Susan Blackmore who spent half of her career attempting to show there was a sound scientific basis for the paranormal. Unlike the investigators at Scole she applied rigorous scientific methods. She eventually stopped her investigations concluding that it was all trickery and delusion.

Skepticism is your friend.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'If I can prove to myself that a spirit world exists, this would provide sufficient evidence for the existence of a God, since it is reasonable to assume that one cannot exist without the other.'

Seems to me that it would only prove that spirit world exists.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit