Proof of a Spirit World? The Scole experiments

by universaltruth 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

The fact is the sceptics can't reproduce the phenomena that was witnessed during the scole experiments and these experiments were witnessed by sceptics themselves who became believers.

Huh? I could reproduce those in short order.

• universaltruth
    universaltruth

yes I'm aware of the criticisms but these come from people that did not witness the phenomena themselves.

There will always be sceptics no matter how convincing the evidence. Some are uncomfortable with the idea of a spirit world and life after death, such as Montague Keen who said that he would prefer to just die but said it would be "intellectually dishonest for me NOT to believe in survival after death" after witnessing the phenomena for himself.

It's the credibility of the scientists and investigators that makes these experiments convincing.

The writer of that article fails to explain how the radio kept talking and receiving voices with all the transmission equipment in the radio removed. There was no real attempt made at debunking.

As for the two mediums being tricksters.... as one magician put it if the mediums are tricksters why are they not earning millions on stage…. People would pay big money to see some of the stuff that went on during the scole experiments.

I don’t claim to know what these ethereal entities are.... personally i think it is unlikely that they are spirits of the dead.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

yes I'm aware of the criticisms but these come from people that did not witness the phenomena themselves.

So why should anyone believe something without all of the evidence?

It's the credibility of the scientists and investigators that makes these experiments convincing.

Why are they credible? This "experiment" was incredibly uncontrolled and, even from the edited video, there were plenty of opportunities for fraud.

The writer of that article fails to explain how the radio kept talking and receiving voices with all the transmission equipment in the radio removed.

First of all, it wasn't a radio with all of that remove. Can I sit in a room with that radio in a controlled environment and reproduce this result?

As for the two mediums being tricksters.... as one magician put it if the mediums are tricksters why are they not earning millions on stage….

Irrelevant, but who says they aren't earning money from tricking people?

• *lost*
    *lost*

I have no opinion either way on the information here, I haven't looked into it.

What I will ask though, mediums, they re very popular these days.

So, how can someone go and see a medium. and that medium is able to tell them about their lives, their past and their present and about things in their lives, present and past, very accurate information that would just be impossible to know ?

so explain that away ?

It is one of the things I have always pondered.

• EntirelyPossible
  • frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I'm not impressed with this video, too many leaps in logic, and black and white thinking. The video offers no real proofs it is all hearsay evidence.

• universaltruth
    universaltruth

So, how can someone go and see a medium. and that medium is able to tell them about their lives, their past and their present and about things in their lives, present and past, very accurate information that would just be impossible to know ?

Yes im sure it's true that some mediums use cold reading. These mediums will tend to provide vague details.... then there are mediums like Gorden Smith from the UK who are very accurate... even in some cases getting the first and last name of the deceased without even conversing with the relatives beforehand.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

These mediums will tend to provide vague details

The whole point of cold reading is to get to very accurate details very quickly. It's often done and demonstrated.

• Witness My Fury
  • redvip2000
    redvip2000

I was surprised at how unimpressive this movie is.

For me, just the fact that the mediums controlled the entire thing while people just sat around and watched is highly suspicious. This was done in a controlled environment arranged by the mediums.

How about doing this in a research facility where these mediums can come in and sit in a room arranged by researchers? Surely these spirits are cooperative as they were, would be ok with this.

I have never see a medium who seemed truly convincing. They usually just play the probability game, where they will look at someone and say something like :

"oh i see someone in your life that passed away. ummmm his name begins with a C " .

Never have i seen a medium truly go out on a limb and say something specific while being accurate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit