marrying younger spouses

by ssn587 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    It is the deliberate preying on young women who are not mature that makes me furious.

Do you still consider it "preying" when the young woman is the one coming on to an older man? I'm 55, overweight, and unhealthy as hell, but I have no shortage of women under 30 hitting on me.

Maybe they're trying to prey on my wallet. Good luck. Not much in there.

W

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I am surprised that this discussion continues. Older men have the advantage of stability - smart men make use of this competitive advantage. Really smart men use this competitive advantage to find the right woman. Keep in mind that women looking at older men are not all trying to find a sugar daddy.

I have already stated that I am 18 years older than my wife. In addition, she is foreign born. She also has a Phd, CPA, and has an income nearly as much as me. Her attraction to me is that we have mutual goals. Plus, I am a great lover. My attraction to her is that I believe I can be a better (and richer) person with her by my side. Plus, she has a great bod.

If you ever watched the Seinfeld episode where George decided that every decision he made up to that point was wrong - therefore the exact opposite is the correct decision. That is the theme of my life part 2. Marrying a much younger Taiwanese with no interest in Christianity is the exact opposite of what I would do when I was imprisoned in a cult - Therefore, by definition this was the absolutely correct decision.

And they lived happily ever after...

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I would have no objections to a thirty or above woman marrying a much older man. What triggers me is old men thinking that women who have not left home or perhaps for two years are equal. Equal in what. We don't stay the same age that we marry. Time moves on. If marrying young women is so normal, why bother to post the matter? I would not make it illegal. What needs to be done is to educate young people that growing up is an ongoing process.

When I was ten, I thought I would be grown up at 20. Relative maturity should exist. Why do men marry young? I expect it is for a tender body and an easy walk over.

There is a huge difference betweena woman of 50, being married to an 80 year old than a woman of 20 married to a 60 year. I am certain that I might readjust my thinking concerning age differences if I met a 90 year old billionare man with no charities or children.

If you love each other, you love each other. Bragging is not appropriate. I never wanted to date old men. What is the point of being young and care free?

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I think I would put a cap on 20 years older than me. I'm 37 right now. I am a wise 37 year old, so if he's 57 - that is fine by me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit