Soliciting for money on this site is NOT acceptable

by Simon 31 Replies latest forum announcements

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

I've never been scammed, but I am still waiting for my $5000 check from Bill Gates for sharing his link on Facebook. Bill, if you are out there, please PM me!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thank you Simon!!!!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Damn. That scam must be only in calgary.

S

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Thanks for the laugh Simon!

Hi Mouthy Grace! I am glad you are still with us. I was afraid it was something I said?

Just Lois

• compound complex
    compound complex

Has happened to me at the gas station: 'I can't get home . . .'

CC

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

What if they really got a sad story like: my bills are all due and the baby needs shoes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzhSnnjsszY

• Glander
    Glander

An attractive young woman walked into my inner office during the lunch hour when the receptionist was out. My door was open and she knocked and said "hi", she had a broken fanbelt in her hand and a sad story about not having enough money to get her car repaired, etc etc.

I was uncomfortable with the situation so I stood and walked her back to the front door as we chatted. I got the strong smell of a scam. Told her not to come back and locked the door behind her. I then watched her walk through the parking lot, drop the piece of belt and get in a car with a young guy.

• moshe
    moshe

Glander- I see stuff like this in FL all the time-- a lady in the grocery store parking lot (acting distraught) needs to get to the airport and the gas tank is sitting on empty- needs 10 bucks for gas- I told her to use her credit card-- "Idon't have one"- then use your bank debit card--pointing at the bank next door, "I don't have one"-- well lady, the way I see it, they only way you can afford to drive a car then, is to scam gas money from people who work for a living. ---She got in her car and drove away-

• moshe
    moshe

Simon said no soliciting for money-- I'm newly retired and any guy toys that are collecting dust and need to be moved out of the garage-- PM me first- please keep the boats under 16ft- the registration is cheaper- - I'll take a pass on your old service car.

• maisha
    maisha

I hate to say it but i lost $300k to a scammer group. I was selling something of value and they did a TT to me in asia.

it turns out they had someone in a NY bank fill in the tt form with a fake amount by adding extra zeros.

it wasnt till a month later that the bank picked up on the fact. Then they couldnt trace anything.. I had to pay back the money to the bank. Could not find the buyers.

it hurt!....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit